How to get a job as a Scribe in New York, New York!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dante1o1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am going to spend next summer in New York while doing research I want to get a job as a Scribe in a hospital in New York City. Any ideas how to prepare for that application? I know its very hard to get

Members don't see this ad.

So I am going to spend next summer in New York while doing research I want to get a job as a Scribe in a hospital in New York City.
How long will you be here? I don't know of any summer only scribe positions...

They put in serious resources and time to train you as a scribe and pay you for training. That alone takes awhile.

They are not going to let you be a scribe for the summer only. It isnt some part time gig you get at mcdonalds or the gas station.

Especially in New York.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not from new york but when I interviewed for a scribe position, they asked if I could make a two year commitment. I had to turn down the position because I couldn't.

Are scribe positions in the NYC area ok with a 6-7 month commitment? I've heard quite often that landing a scribe position around here is really tough and I've heard the same as previously stated, it can't be treated like a part time gig if you plan to do it and that most places ask if you can make a 2 year commitment.

Get on Craigslist and advertise as a tutor instead, if you want to make a little extra dough. Starting rates around here for math and science are about $50/hr.

Get on Craigslist and advertise as a tutor instead, if you want to make a little extra dough. Starting rates around here for math and science are about $50/hr.

I'm thinking about it. Applying to a lot of non-clinical jobs too and recently had an interview at one that I really liked. Thanks!

Last edited:
Someone I know does SAT tutoring for $250/hr on the UES. Two hundred and fifty dollars. For the SAT

Reactions: 1 user
I know a guy who makes $400/hr for tutoring calculus. His math Ph.D came in handy after all.

Reactions: 1 user