HOW TO GET ACCEPTED TO MEDICAL SCHOOL starting from high school

How to Get Accepted to Medical School

1. Decide that this is what you want, and stick to it. No one will create your determination for you. It will take a lot; and it will drain you. You will want to give up. You will want to quit. But if you really and truly want this, you won’t let any temporary feeling of resignation take over your determination.

2. Start early. Plan ahead. Think smart. You should have completed step 1 by the age of 18 at the latest.
For someone who acts like they know everything, you didn't know enough to only post your meaningless screed once, rather than twice. "Don’t get distracted by friends, volunteering, clubs, activities, drinking, partying, “fun,” “life,” or other frivolous activities." --- I am almost willing to put money that you are of Asian descent with strict Asian physician parents.

Something tells me you're the one dimensional gunner who will end up being hated by ALL of your classmates, as well as residents you interact with, and you will crash and burn in medical school.

Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

For someone who acts like they know everything, you didn't know enough to only post your meaningless screed once, rather than twice. "Don’t get distracted by friends, volunteering, clubs, activities, drinking, partying, “fun,” “life,” or other frivolous activities." --- I am almost willing to put money that you are of Asian descent with strict Asian physician parents.

Something tells me you're the one dimensional gunner who will end up being hated by ALL of your classmates, as well as residents you interact with, and you will crash and burn in medical school.

Congrats!
Wow, that's racist. Clearly, you are unaware that some people are hard workers, not cause of their race.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, that's racist. Clearly, you are unaware that some people are hard workers, not cause of their race.

Truth hurts, Akram.

To be racist, someone must actively discriminate against someone based on his/her race. Simply pointing out that something is commonly attributable to a certain race is not racist. It may be stereotyping and offensive, but it is not racist if it does not try to discriminate. The R-word has become a blanket word that people use when somebody says something about a racial issue that makes people feel uneasy.

We have gotten to the point in society where if you state an observation about a minority race (even a positive one like "Asians study a lot"), you will be labeled racist. Well isn't that what a race is? A group of people with things and values in common? So we have a populace who are extremely cognizant about racial issues (i.e., differences in groups of people) criticizing others for pointing out differences in people (i.e., the things the politically correct police are so obsessed over). So, in order to not be racist you must: (1) Be aware of all the differences in peoples in cultures and (2) pretend these differences don't exist. Cognitive dissonance anyone?

Reactions: 1 user