how to get an internship out of state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmcat33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, im a pharmacy student in california but i am interested in getting an internship for the summer out of the state, somewhere in oregon, washington, texas, or on the east coast. how would i go about finding internships for large retail chains in those states? is that something i would have to bring up with recruiters? does anyone have experience with that? is it hard to get out of state internships?

thanks, any help is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure speaking with recruiters would be very helpful if you are wanting to go the retail route. If you are looking at hospital however, that's going to likely require some emails, phone calls, a little face to face time perhaps. But I'm sure there is enough networking of recruiters across the regions that you can get in touch with one and let them know what you're trying to do and they can put you in touch with the appropriate people. Some retail websites have recruiters emails listed, give that a shot as well.