How to I use Interfolio to apply to DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedmind

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My pre-med advisor has a composite letter in addition to all of my recommendation letters, so I am guessing they are in a single packet.

It seems as if Interfolio is for only single-letters. Who do I request the letter from, my professor or the pre-med advisor, or can I just use Interfolio to request the composite letter which contains all of my letters? Is is mandatory to use Interfolio for schools like NYCOM, PCOM, TOUROCOM?

Members don't see this ad.

My pre-med advisor has a composite letter in addition to all of my recommendation letters, so I am guessing they are in a single packet.

It seems as if Interfolio is for only single-letters. Who do I request the letter from, my professor or the pre-med advisor, or can I just use Interfolio to request the composite letter which contains all of my letters? Is is mandatory to use Interfolio for schools like NYCOM, PCOM, TOUROCOM?

Not mandatory but alot easier. Set up an account with Intefolio, set it so that you can not see the letters of recommendation. Have everything forwarded to Interfolio. Then send the LOR's from interfolio to whatever school you choose. I think almost all schools accept it. Call the school if you are not sure.

As a previous customer, I loved it because I could track if the LOR had been sent by me professor / doctor. Sometimes folks especially doctors may need a gentle prod to get the job done.

Good Luck

NYCOM doesn't accept Interfolio. You'll need to send your stuff through snail mail to them. TOURO-NY might not either, but I forget...