How to improve in study habits and test taking skills for biology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theyellowking

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me first start off by saying that I've despised biology since high school. I'm saying this because I unfortunately haven't created a strong foundation of a study habit for this subject as opposed to physics, chemistry, or organic chemistry, and so I am now experiencing with different methods.

My approach as of now has been to read the EK book, follow up on some YouTube videos on areas I'm not sure of, and take the EK exam. Then after, I take 3 random passages from the Berkley Review on subjects I previously studied. The problem, however, is that I seem to struggle on each EK exam. Although these are new subjects that I encounter, I thought that these "study habits" that I picked up from taking the past EK + BR passages would at least help me tackle these new topics. Not at all. I would simply stare at the EK exams and BR passages with the same nervousness and frustration of why I can't seem to improve my test taking skills for biology.

I apologize if this thread sounds convoluted, but essentially I am seeing no progress and improvement in my study habits and test taking of biology-based passages, and was wondering from those who are good with biology of how you guys tackle these problems.

Members don't see this ad.