How to know if your pre-requisites are approved?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does AADSAS tell if your pre-requisites have been approved by the schools, or do the schools contact you? I'm asking because I'm in a weird area with the chemistry pre-requisite(s).

Also, do you have to complete all your pre-requisites when you apply? I haven't completed my English and Physics pre-reqs (will be taking them in 4th year). Although I have taken English intensive courses, but not 'ENG'.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. AADSAS tells you after the gpa verifications

2. No

Does AADSAS tell if your pre-requisites have been approved by the schools, or do the schools contact you? I'm asking because I'm in a weird area with the chemistry pre-requisite(s).

Also, do you have to complete all your pre-requisites when you apply? I haven't completed my English and Physics pre-reqs (will be taking them in 4th year). Although I have taken English intensive courses, but not 'ENG'.

Thanks!

You can also email individual schools to ask about specific classes. I had a unique biology situation because of transferring, so I just emailed a few schools to check. They were all happy to help!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also email individual schools to ask about specific classes. I had a unique biology situation because of transferring, so I just emailed a few schools to check. They were all happy to help!

I did that, but the ones that replied said they can't say anything until they get the official transcripts.

You don't need all prerequisites completed at the time of application, but they must be completed by the time of matriculation.

I think you can just email the syllabi of the courses in question and ask if they are accepted as fulfilling certain prerequisites. A lot of times, I was told that if you want to use a course that may be in the grey area as fulfilling a prerequisite, then you must be prepared to present the syllabus. By doing so via email, you also obtain the answer in writing. That way, if they try to say that you did not fulfill a certain prerequisite, you have proof of what they told you.

You don't need all prerequisites completed at the time of application, but they must be completed by the time of matriculation.

I think you can just email the syllabi of the courses in question and ask if they are accepted as fulfilling certain prerequisites. A lot of times, I was told that if you want to use a course that may be in the grey area as fulfilling a prerequisite, then you must be prepared to present the syllabus. By doing so via email, you also obtain the answer in writing. That way, if they try to say that you did not fulfill a certain prerequisite, you have proof of what they told you.
This. Ask admissions and have the syllabus ready in case they ask for it.