About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

How to list ALL the contacts if I "lump" my activites under ONE section?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by MelissaThompson, Jun 1, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. MelissaThompson

MelissaThompson

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    If I lump all my undergraduate work experiences (5 each) into one heading (non-military employment experiences) - how do I list the contact for EACH of the 5 experiences?
  2. music2doc

music2doc Student of Mad Doctoring

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Give a contact that can act for all of them.... Esp. if they're all student employment this shouldn't be too difficult. You can also skip out on listing some of them.
  3. MelissaThompson

MelissaThompson

What if that is not possible?

I worked at Starbucks, Bestbuy, Sprint, College Painting, and food services over 4 years - how can I find ONE person who can verify all 5 employments?
  4. riddler

riddler

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Not sure if this is plausible...but maybe a close friend or family member? If not, I might just pick the one that was the most significant and list the contact for it.
  5. Forthefuture

Forthefuture

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Catalysik mentioned something about listing the most recent experience contact in the contact info. Then you just mention separate contacts for the other activities in the description. With the 700 character limit, I could only do 2 maybe 3 experiences at the most. Anymore than that, and I don't really have any space left. Check the Work/Activity thread to confirm.
  6. dartmed

dartmed

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I ran into the same issue - I essentially have a professor who has been following my activities to act as a contact as he/she knew about the extent of my involvements. Additionally, if a professor talks about your activities in your recommendation, I think that would be more than sufficient in terms of validity. I think adcoms want to make sure you are not just pulling stuff out of nowhere.