How to make best of cardiac fellowship ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vaibh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi , I will be starting cardiac fellowship, q to all who have travelled on same path how to make most of fellowship ? which books / educational sources are good ? thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I really liked PTEMasters.com (I have zero affiliation with them). You should check out the free lectures to get an idea of what to expect. There are around 100 videos or so and high yield review sections. Perino was a solid text and you can get through it in a month or so when you start out. It's less in depth than other books but certainly an excellent primer.

Hi , I will be starting cardiac fellowship, q to all who have travelled on same path how to make most of fellowship ? which books / educational sources are good ? thanks !
I didnt do cardiac but I learned TEE and liked Practical Perioperative TEE by Sidebotham. I know the cardiac guys in our group liked this book as well.

What I found most helpful:
1) Reading for "foundation" of TEE knowledge: Mathew et al text
2) Intraop reading (super-useful, easy to carry): Vegas Perioperative Two-Dimensional TEE handbook
3) Didactics/break from reading/question bank: PTEMasters.com.
4) Cardiac surgical topics: selected chapters from Cohn's Cardiac Surgery

Reactions: 1 user