HOW TO RAISE SAT MATH from mid 600s to mid 700s

neur0goddess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm a senior taking the December SAT for the final time. My CR and W scores fluctuate around 730-800 so I'm not worried about those, but my M score is really holding me back from my reaches (Ivys, Stanford, Duke, etc). Any tips, online resources that you can recommend, a change in study habits or anything? On the November test, I scored a measly 640 despite scoring high 600s on practice tests. The curve was really harsh :/

Right now, I'm using PWN the SAT Math and it seems to be helping. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Thats good that you're doing well on CR/W because math is typically the easiest section to raise quickly. It might help to take some time to just review the math required (Alg, Geo). When you do your practice tests look at what types of problems you're missing because I doubt they're scattered and review the relevant concepts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats good that you're doing well on CR/W because math is typically the easiest section to raise quickly. It might help to take some time to just review the math required (Alg, Geo). When you do your practice tests look at what types of problems you're missing because I doubt they're scattered and review the relevant concepts.

Thank you for your advice! I'll be sure to do some concentrated review. My final exam is Dec. 5th, do you think that that is enough time to raise my score?

Maybe you should party a bit less and study more. Then you'll be better at long division and fractions

I got a 710 on the November test which had the best curve I have ever seen on the Math portion of the Sat. -5 was still in the 700's :p. Anyways my highest math was a 740 missing 2 and omitting 1. I recommend if you are in mid 600's to really sit down and learn how to quickly complete all the 4-5 level sat math question in the blue book. Also just doing sat math sections which will take you about 1 hour at a time for each test is extremely beneficial. My score on my 11th grade math Psat was a 58 after taking about 4 sat math test in the blue book I received a 740 on the actual SAT. Shows that just using the blue book can really pay off. Although I didn't use either of the following resources several of my friends found them to be extremely beneficial. These are PWN the SAT on tumblr and a book by Steve Warner titled 28 SAT Math Lessons to Improve Your Score in One Month. The book might be useless as I know that it probably wouldn't come in time for your Saturday Sat but still thought it was worth mentioning. I can't really think of anything else other than this. Good luck on your SAT this saturday.

I got a 710 on the November test which had the best curve I have ever seen on the Math portion of the Sat. -5 was still in the 700's :p. Anyways my highest math was a 740 missing 2 and omitting 1. I recommend if you are in mid 600's to really sit down and learn how to quickly complete all the 4-5 level sat math question in the blue book. Also just doing sat math sections which will take you about 1 hour at a time for each test is extremely beneficial. My score on my 11th grade math Psat was a 58 after taking about 4 sat math test in the blue book I received a 740 on the actual SAT. Shows that just using the blue book can really pay off. Although I didn't use either of the following resources several of my friends found them to be extremely beneficial. These are PWN the SAT on tumblr and a book by Steve Warner titled 28 SAT Math Lessons to Improve Your Score in One Month. The book might be useless as I know that it probably wouldn't come in time for your Saturday Sat but still thought it was worth mentioning. I can't really think of anything else other than this. Good luck on your SAT this saturday.

Wow, a 740 is great & is what I'm aiming for. I actually picked up PWN the SAT and it's been a life saver! It goes over everything you need to know with no extra fuss or unnecessary info. I'm going to hardcore study these next few days and hope for the best.

Thank you!! :)