how to read through physiology chapters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echoyjeff222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I read through the physiology chapters in TPR as in "understanding what's going on?" or should I work to commit it to memory? If I have to work on the committing to memory part, then I feel like it's going to take a veeery long time. How do these questions usually show up on the MCAT?

I'm mainly asking about the minor details that TPR presents. I'll definitely remember the major pathways.

Members don't see this ad.

When I read through my practice materials (kaplan) I literally made a flashcard question for every single fact that could potentially be tested. Took longer to read through the chapters and accomplish, but in the end, it was incredibly worth it for reviewing facts and committing them to memory quickly and efficiently. (note: approximately 4-5 questions per card, and separated/labeled each stack of cards based on chapter name.)

To me understanding physiology is like watching a movie and committing to memory is like looking at clips of a movie. I prefer to watch the full movie. The mcat is known for its uniqueness in questions. Having an understand will help you cover the full spectrum of what maybe asked.

Rather than thinking of it as a choir, really try to find interest in it. It's really fascinating if you think about it. We take it for granted today, but 200 or 300 years ago, most of this information was nonexistent.