How to retain/review information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SP15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)
I was hoping someone would be able to help me. I'm currently going into my fifth year of a 6 year pharmacy program and am having a lot of trouble recalling information I have learned in my therapeutics classes this past year (medchem, pharmacology, case studies etc). When it comes to taking the test, I do well, but it feels that as soon as the test is over, the information I have learned leaves with it. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can do to retain/review information? Is it worth it to go through all my notes this summer or should I begin looking at review books for the Naplex to get the vital information, or do any of you recommend anything else? I work in retail, but it's often so busy that I rarely get to talk to my pharmacist about treatments etc., so I can't reinforce what I have learned as well.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone :)
.............having a lot of trouble recalling information I have learned in my therapeutics classes this past year (medchem, pharmacology, case studies etc).
When it comes to taking the test, I do well, but it feels that as soon as the test is over, the information I have learned leaves with it. Thank you!

My pharmacist friend has the same feeling and passed the board with over 50 points to spare.

You are not alone.
Human memory will forget most details after 2 weeks. In memory classes, a great method to memorize the exact order and look of 52 playing cards is to make a movie about those. After 2 weeks, even the award winning memorizer will vaguely remember that movie. Thanks to this nature of human brain, the memory champion can make and recall another movie about another 52 cards.
One of such memory school is this, but try to find other schools, too.
www.pmemory.com

I'm currently going into my fifth year of a 6 year pharmacy program

Is it worth it to go through all my notes this summer or should I begin looking at review books for the Naplex to get the vital information, or do any of you recommend anything else?

If I have more lectures in fifth year, I would read ahead the old lecture notes from previous students.

If I have no lecture in fifth year, then yes, I would read NAPLEX review book, the most friendly and helpful now is RXPREP book from www.rxprep.com.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user