how to set yourself apart from the rest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinacko

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
everyone knows that in order to specialize, one must have great board scores, class rank, etc. when all applicants to a program have great stats, how do you set yourself apart from the rest of the pack? i'm planning on getting an ms in oral biology but i'd like to hear some other suggestions. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Take a hot girlfriend to the interviews with you.

hey u know what ????
just be genuine and dont try to be very classy also try to be open to discussions and try to be humorous bcoz ppl here in usa appreciate ppl with a gud sense of humor..while at the interview plaz sit up evenif the person interviweing u luks relaxed and show that ur keen on learning and above all how gettin into this program will help u reach ur professional and personal thershold..
planned approach can get u thru and u can have an edge over others..genuinity and showcasing your ability to learn and ecel in ways diff from others will make u sit up proud in the chair of residency..
pop up for more questions
roopsee :p

Members don't see this ad :)
ROOPSEE said:
hey u know what ????
just be genuine and dont try to be very classy also try to be open to discussions and try to be humorous bcoz ppl here in usa appreciate ppl with a gud sense of humor..while at the interview plaz sit up evenif the person interviweing u luks relaxed and show that ur keen on learning and above all how gettin into this program will help u reach ur professional and personal thershold..
planned approach can get u thru and u can have an edge over others..genuinity and showcasing your ability to learn and ecel in ways diff from others will make u sit up proud in the chair of residency..

Or........you can write your personal statement like this guy and really set yourself apart from the rest.

Doggie said:
Or........you can write your personal statement like this guy and really set yourself apart from the rest.

beat me to it. I love his excellent grammar skills.

ItsGavinC said:
Come on, ur still a gud guy.
hey do u find it funny ?i thot he needed some tips reagrding interview wot ever i knew i pened it down..isnt it ok? :p

ROOPSEE said:
hey do u find it funny ?i thot he needed some tips reagrding interview wot ever i knew i pened it down..isnt it ok? :p

thanks roopsee. any other suggestions?

toofache32 said:
Take a hot girlfriend to the interviews with you.
and share with the residents

toofache32 said:
In this case....take a boyfriend to Shreveport.
Or any random farm animal you have easy access to.....

ISU_Steve said:
Did you hear about the new use for sheep they discovered in West Virginia?

Wool.

Members don't see this ad :)
kevinacko said:
thanks roopsee. any other suggestions?
:laugh: roopsee, please send more suggestions to this guy i would love to read more of your posts :laugh: :laugh:

ISU_Steve said:
Does that include the deflated sheep under your bed?

simpledoc said:
:laugh: roopsee, please send more suggestions to this guy i would love to read more of your posts :laugh: :laugh:

give the guy a break, english isn't his first language. grow up a little.

kevinacko said:
give the guy a break, english isn't his first language. grow up a little.
english might not be our first language but we guys speak and write better than many of those whose first laguage is english..got it?
its just tht sumtimes to save time we rush up our comments..as for simple doc ill be posting more of my comments soon :p

ROOPSEE said:
hey u know what ????
Interesting for you to give advice about how it is here in the US, then later post asking for advice on which residencies to apply to...during what residency interviewing process here in the states did you obtain this information?

tx oms said:
Does that include the deflated sheep under your bed?
No, OMFSRes stole it. The bastard.....

OMFSCardsFan said:
Interesting for you to give advice about how it is here in the US, then later post asking for advice on which residencies to apply to...during what residency interviewing process here in the states did you obtain this information?
U KNOW WOT?I GUESS EVEN SIMPLE THINGS CAN GET U THRU MOST OF TIMES..I DISCUSSED WOTEVER I THOT CUD B USEFUL BUT I GUESS U HAVE A PROBLEM AND THIS IS A SITE TO DISCUSS SHARE INFO HOW EVER SMALL OR GREAT IT MIGHT BE..ITS NOT SITE TO QUESTION WHY SUMONE DID SOMETHING???
I AHVE EVERY RIGHT TO SHARE ALL I KNOW AND WOT EVER I WANNA KNOW I AM FREE TO POST IT..THE ONEI WROTE THIS MSG FOR DIDNT QUES ME WHO ARE YOU TO ASK?I GUESS U HAVE ALOT OF FREE TIME MAN TO GO THRU ALL MY POSTS :mad:

ROOPSEE said:
U KNOW WOT?I GUESS EVEN SIMPLE THINGS CAN GET U THRU MOST OF TIMES..I DISCUSSED WOTEVER I THOT CUD B USEFUL BUT I GUESS U HAVE A PROBLEM AND THIS IS A SITE TO DISCUSS SHARE INFO HOW EVER SMALL OR GREAT IT MIGHT BE..ITS NOT SITE TO QUESTION WHY SUMONE DID SOMETHING???
I AHVE EVERY RIGHT TO SHARE ALL I KNOW AND WOT EVER I WANNA KNOW I AM FREE TO POST IT..THE ONEI WROTE THIS MSG FOR DIDNT QUES ME WHO ARE YOU TO ASK?I GUESS U HAVE ALOT OF FREE TIME MAN TO GO THRU ALL MY POSTS :mad:

am i still high on last week's weed or this guy's posts are that funny? what the heck is he talking? :laugh: :laugh:

roopsee: you please dont worry about anyone preventing you from posting..you just keep posting.... thats enough to keep us high

ROOPSEE said:
Uh, if "a lot of free time" means taking 15 seconds to click your post history and scroll down the page.

And, guys? Better watch out--he's using the MEAN SMILIE, so this could get serious soon.

A good way to stand out is to be a douchebag like ISU_Steve.

You know, act like you know everything about dentisty in dental forums when you haven't spent one day enrolled as a dental student.

Probably would work well for OMFS.

ROOPSEE said:
I GUESS U HAVE ALOT OF FREE TIME MAN TO GO THRU ALL MY POSTS :mad:

Look at aphistis' picture. He's got a lot of free time.

so, does anyone have any suggestions for how to set myself apart from other applicants?

kevinacko said:
everyone knows that in order to specialize, one must have great board scores, class rank, etc. when all applicants to a program have great stats, how do you set yourself apart from the rest of the pack? i'm planning on getting an ms in oral biology but i'd like to hear some other suggestions. thanks.
The MS is good. Also, tutor anatomy, do externships, take any electives your school offers related to pathology, anatomy, or OMFS, and don't wear a shiny suit at your interview or act like a tool. Yah-E, I'm looking at you.

tx oms said:
The MS is good. Also, tutor anatomy, do externships, take any electives your school offers related to pathology, anatomy, or OMFS, and don't wear a shiny suit at your interview or act like a tool. Yah-E, I'm looking at you.
Shiat, I just bought my shinny armani suit....I'm also going to wear my new Chanel squared frame sunglasses that covers half of my face. It's all about the fashion man!

Tool? They claim I'm the sharpest in the drawer baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.