how to ship an extracted teeth overseas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tina87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear friends, I need your help.
Can you provide me with information on how to ship extracted teeth overseas. I need to collect teeth and I dont know how to start doing this?I need to ship teeth from my own country to here in USA ? i dont know if it allowed to ship extracted teeth to USA? or not?
and if i cant ship teeth to USA, do you know how to collect them here in USA?

Please advice, I appreciate every lil help.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't know what the regulations are in shipping teeth but procuring them locally might be easier. Befriend several OS in your area and they'll give you extracted teeth, most probably at no cost. Best of luck.

Thank you very much Jules711. Appreciate your response .
One more question, what do you think about the websites that sell extracted teeth? do you think these teeth are not dried? thanks for your opinion!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't know if they are dried or not. Try it and let me know how it goes. I hope you find some good ones.

Thank you very much. Sure I will try and see how they goes! finger crossed:)

I have brought teeth along with me to the US in my checked luggage. I just put them in a plastic container without all the water/hydrating media. They should be alright for the journey and you can rehydrate after you're in the country. I had brought just under 50 teeth. My bags were x-rayed at both ends of my journey and nobody stopped me or asked me about it. If you have put in the hard work in collecting and cleaning them then why not bring them ; worst case is that they throw them in the trash.

Risha, thank you very much. Appreciate your answer. i feel good to hear that it didnot cause a problem to you as Iam thinking about doing the same. thank you again and best of luck to you.

You're welcome. Extracted teeth are not a big issue when you get here. For pre-clinicals/prep-labs you will have to buy or will be given typhodont teeth. Its only for endo in some of the regional exams (WREB) that you need extracted teeth. By the time you come to that stage you will have gotten plenty of chances to procure extracted teeth either on your own or from classmates & upper class-men.

Risha, I have another question. you mentioned that I have to buy extracted teeth. I know there are few websites online that sell extracted teeth. do you have an idea whether they are good teeth. I mean whether hey are stored in a solution? or they are dried out? would you please share your experience with these online extracted teeth? thank you Risha so much.