How to space out interviews/claiming a seat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyesplurgeonwarbys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I was curious if any of you who have already gone through the interview process/are going through it now knew a bit more about how we should space our interviews. From my understanding, schools will notify you of their decision up to a few weeks after the interview and then you have two weeks to respond? I guess my main concern is, what if you still have remaining interviews you would like check out, but they fall out of the frame of notifying the first school about your decision? It seems like once you accept a school's offer, you need to notify the other schools/cancel the interviews? Therefore, do we need to schedule them all pretty close together. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! So what I would recommend is scheduling your interviews within a few weeks time frame (if possible). That way you can avoid paying multiple deposits.

BUT from what I understand, once you make a deposit, you don't have to cancel other interviews. The only thing is if you decide to go with another school, you might lose your deposit (depends on the school - some are fully refundable up until May). Schools understand that some will make deposits and then decide on another school - that's why a lot of schools have waitlists

You would have to pay to reserve your seat if that happens. I know it's more money but that's how it works :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for replying guys! Ok so really the only down side would be losing the deposit, but making a deposit and going on another interview is an option then, correct?