How to study for MCAT Psychology section.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopfeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How should I study for the MCAT Psychology?

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend EK 2015 manuals. Read through that, do the practice problems and plenty of practice exams, and I think you'd be set.

Worked for me, at least.

Reactions: 1 user
Just take the 2014 MCAT like I did

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just take the 2014 MCAT like I did

Good idea. I got the time traveling machine ready.

looper-movie-time-travel-machine-sony-pictures.jpg

I've been watching Khan Academy videos on psychology and sociology. AAMC's site also provides links to textbook resources that I've yet to look into, but will definitely check out.

Reactions: 2 users
You being crazy+the psychology section on the mcat=the highest score possible*your attitude. You got this, trust me!

Don't use kaplan's book for it. I took kaplan's full in person course. I scored a 128 on the section. It lacked some concepts. I heard EK is good though..

Khan and AAMC materials and Princeton review workbook

I found studying for the psych section like solid blue collar work. Just solid manual labor, reading, and memorizing terms. Repetition, flash cards, flash cards, and more repetition. It was my best section, (93%) so this method worked for me. I hope it does for you.

I found studying for the psych section like solid blue collar work. Just solid manual labor, reading, and memorizing terms. Repetition, flash cards, flash cards, and more repetition. It was my best section, (93%) so this method worked for me. I hope it does for you.

May I ask what resources that you used?

Blue collar work isn't always repetitious... But i agree. It is mostly memorization of terms.

I used the Kaplan 7 book series, and made a giant stack of flashcards. My analogy is based on a long history of construction work. The psych section isn't conceptually difficult, but does require you to know the terms. It's nothing to be intimidated by, and if anything it should be seen as an easy section to gain a lot of points.

Going in with a little sociology knowledge and minimal psychology knowledge, I used Kaplan and the official content with a bit of Khan sprinkled in. Got a 130 so it couldn't have been that bad.