How to Study in Vet school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here.

WTF: *talking about the cat's ear problems*
BF: "It could be trichoplasmosis!"
WTF: "Wait....wait...there's histoplasmosis and trichomonas, which are you talking about?"
BF: "Maybe she has both!"
WTF: "...."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My BF and his best friend are convinced that every animal aliment can be cured by steroids and ketamine. Every time I mention a case... thats the answer!

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My BF and his best friend are convinced that every animal aliment can be cured by steroids and ketamine. Every time I mention a case... thats the answer!

no. Every case can be cured by steroids OR phenobarb....can't believe you messed that up!

I'm pretty sure he knows more about vet med than he ever wanted. He was also an unwilling participant in the "please quiz me because it helps me learn" games.

I think my boyfriend knows that this is one of the reasons I keep him around.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would totally talk to my dog on our walks after school about what I learned :laugh:

WE ARE ALL INSANE!

Add me to that list. Pretty sure my dog knows more about biochemistry than I ever will. Sometimes she's a good listener and cocks her head with both of her lips tucked up... and other times she leaves the room :laugh:

When my SO won't leave me alone when I'm trying to study, I ask him if he would like to discuss whatever the grossest thing I'm studying at the time is so he'll leave me alone. If that doesn't work I show him a pic of it. A+ strategy would use again. :smuggrin:

When my SO won't leave me alone when I'm trying to study, I ask him if he would like to discuss whatever the grossest thing I'm studying at the time is so he'll leave me alone. If that doesn't work I show him a pic of it. A+ strategy would use again. :smuggrin:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Apparently my new study strategy is to sit on SDN and watch the WW thread. Not conducive for actually retaining pertinent information on pig husbandry and breeding genetics, but extremely informative on how to lynch wolves.

This method also works well in public places when random people are being nosy. I HATE the feeling of people looking over my shoulder. Necropsy photos generally do the trick.

This method also works well in public places when random people are being nosy. I HATE the feeling of people looking over my shoulder. Necropsy photos generally do the trick.
Haha I was studying for our gen path final at the hospital while waiting on my niece to be born. People kept asking what I was studying. It was mostly guys so I started showing them pics of super enlarged prostates and stuff. They quit asking real quick.

Haha I was studying for our gen path final at the hospital while waiting on my niece to be born. People kept asking what I was studying. It was mostly guys so I started showing them pics of super enlarged prostates and stuff. They quit asking real quick.

Imagine how **** like that affects you in the dating world.

"So what do you do?"
"I'm a veterinarian."
"Oh that's great! I love animals. Do you do big ones or small ones?"
"Actually, I'm specializing in pathology."
"Pathology, what do veterinary pathologists do?"
"Er, weeeelllll......"

I think that definitely scared off a few in the past

Imagine how **** like that affects you in the dating world.

"So what do you do?"
"I'm a veterinarian."
"Oh that's great! I love animals. Do you do big ones or small ones?"
"Actually, I'm specializing in pathology."
"Pathology, what do veterinary pathologists do?"
"Er, weeeelllll......"

I think that definitely scared off a few in the past

I overheard a conversation with a single female vet and a very very cute male client once
he was in the lobby waiting for his appt, she was at the front desk putting in charges and chatting, she mentioned she had just gone out on a farm call.
"Oh, so you do large animals too?"
"Yes, just saw a few cattle."
"What did they need?"
"Pregnancy checks."
"How do you do that?"
=insert awkward silence here=

They did start dating though, and are still together over 3 years later :laugh:

I overheard a conversation with a single female vet and a very very cute male client once
he was in the lobby waiting for his appt, she was at the front desk putting in charges and chatting, she mentioned she had just gone out on a farm call.
"Oh, so you do large animals too?"
"Yes, just saw a few cattle."
"What did they need?"
"Pregnancy checks."
"How do you do that?"
=insert awkward silence here=

They did start dating though, and are still together over 3 years later :laugh:

:laugh: that's awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also fun: describing kidney/bladder stones to men and how a PU is performed.

The look on my husband's face was priceless while he was looking for the words to tell me to stop.

:laugh: My BF thinks it's cute to tell people that I "stick [my] hands up dog butts" :confused:
Really dude? No, it's an anal gland expression... but it never seems to help my case when I explain it further :D

Yes to watching reproductive anatomy & gross pathology lab videos in Starbucks. Had a buffer zone around me, was nice. :D

Family members look at me strangely when I sit and eat dinner while looking at whatever disgusting page of my repro/anatomy textbook. I don't see the issue.

Family members look at me strangely when I sit and eat dinner while looking at whatever disgusting page of my repro/anatomy textbook. I don't see the issue.

I do that, too. My friends didn't wanna eat lunch with me while I was learning about repro.. :laugh:

Ah. So I'm not the only person that, when I go to study at Starbucks, puts a big bright picture of a pyo-whatever on my screen just so people will stay away.

:laugh: My BF thinks it's cute to tell people that I "stick [my] hands up dog butts" :confused:
Really dude? No, it's a gland of the anal sac expression... but it never seems to help my case when I explain it further :D

Just FYI. My Anatomy prof would slap me silly for calling them "anal glands".

Just FYI. My Anatomy prof would slap me silly for calling them "anal glands".
Have you heard differently in your other classes? We've gotten the "it might be incorrect but it's better to say anal glands than anal sacs to clients because, well, some don't exactly hear sacs..." spiel from a bunch of professors.

Have you heard differently in your other classes? We've gotten the "it might be incorrect but it's better to say anal glands than anal sacs to clients because, well, some don't exactly hear sacs..." spiel in a bunch of classes.

THIS has happened to me several times... totally awkward :oops:

Have you heard differently in your other classes? We've gotten the "it might be incorrect but it's better to say anal glands than anal sacs to clients because, well, some don't exactly hear sacs..." spiel in a bunch of classes.

Ha, yeah, I've heard that, too. It depends on the context. I'll call them "anal glands" with clients because I can't be too sure they won't misinterpret the situation.