How to use statistics in college project work (Control & Experimental Group)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siot2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I need some help to design my project work in a Rehab setting. I am trying to do a project work titled " Role of Traditional and Non-Traditional OT in Muscular Dystrophy". I am planning to divide patients into control and experimental group. Control group will receive conventional OT for 2 months & experimental will receive non-conventional OT too.
Based on the type of MD, OT interventions can be different within the experimental group also. I have read that if there are different types of patients in experimental group, one can use statistics to further narrow the findings. I need help if someone can brief me how to use concept of standard deviation etc within the experimental group itself. Please if possible explain me with a simple example of 30 patients (15 in each group). Out of 15 in experimental, each5 patients will have one criteria. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

EDIT: Formatting is messed up, unfortunately. I'll take a stab at this: This would be really easy to do (what I'm saying) in Microsoft excel or numbers for the mac... Set the control group up with (3) sets and (5) replicates for each set. Then do the same for the experimental group. Then using excel or numbers, use the formula "=stdev" You can take the standard deviation for each SET in each respective group, and you can also take a cumulative standard deviation for all 15 replicates in each group. Good luck.

Control Group Experimental Group
Set 1 Set 1
-Replicate 1
-rep 2
-rep 3
-rep 4
rep 5

Set 2 Set 2

Set 3 Set 3