How to withdraw from a podiatry school acceptence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Podicus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Earlier this year I was accepted to Temple pod school. I wasn't able to attend my other interviews until much later in the year and as such I was forced to place my deposit into Temple to secure a spot. I am now accepted to DMU and have chose to attend DMU. How do I go about withdrawing from Temple?

Members don't see this ad.

Happens all the time. Just call and let them know you won't be attending. Don't expect your seat deposit back

Is there a way to avoid this from happening? For those of us who will apply in the future should we fill out our applications all at 1 time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply early in the cycle and only to the schools that are at the top of your list. Try to schedule your interviews within a week or two of each other. Most schools will also give you extra time to make a decision if you ask (I've heard as much as an extra month or so).

Reactions: 1 user
Just very difficult if you work a full time job with little to no PTO haha :(

Just very difficult if you work a full time job with little to no PTO haha :(
Consider it an investment. In the grand scheme of things, it's a drop in the ocean of what you will pay in tuition, and you get to go to the school you chose/desire. Being at a school of your choice is certainly worth that cost.