How was NPTE July 22nd/23rd 2014 exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pratima1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did you guys feel about yesterday or today's NPTE exam?
To me,it was the toughest NPTE exam I ever appeared.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hard to say... Lots I knew.. some I had no idea... Others I was able to work through with a process of elimination. It's going to be a long week though.:xf:

I do not know if I will pass.. so worried.. I also knew lots but had no idea on some. Tricky questions..
I hope you will pass.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This is going to be one tortuous "10 business days"................................................................ poop

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys..it was really very tough ,,

This is going to be one tortuous "10 business days"................................................................ poop

You should find out if you passed/ failed after 5 business days... it takes 10 for the score report... but that's less important

Hey guys and girls!! it was challenging to me also.

Yep .. last time I got my result on the 6th day after the exam including sat and Sunday .
You should find out if you passed/ failed after 5 business days... it takes 10 for the score report... but that's less important

I thought the test was incredibly hard. Scored 78 percent on the PEAT and felt like it was a completely different exam. I don't expect to pass.

Hi mpsbu,,
Even I got 76% on peat but the real exam was totally unexpected. I have no idea what's gonna happen next but don't have much hope this time. It sucks,,

yes,it was very,very difficult,...I'm so sad.....

Reactions: 1 users
It was "educated guessing" for some... Yup it wasn't easy. This is my second time to take npte i thought the first one was easier. I marked more questions this time... And used up the time! I was on my last question with only a minute left!!! Ughhh... I hope I passed this time around Goodluck with your results

I found it tough. I cant wait to see the results. Anyone knows if there is any chance to get them before the 5 business days?

Members don't see this ad :)
I gave it on 22nd so maybe I will get it on Monday. Dont know what gonna happen . Why are they making so tough day by day :arghh:. All the best guys:xf:

Yeah I got a 78.5 on the last PEAT I took and I felt pretty comfortable going into the exam. The further away I get from it, the more I think of questions I probably got wrong. I just wish these days would go by faster!!! But it is really hard to tell how you did considering 1/5 of the test isn't even counted toward your score!!

It was rough. I scored well above all the target scores on all my practice exams (Scorebuilders, TherapyEd, Online Advantage, and PEAT), and I walked out feeling like I failed the NPTE. I still feel that way.

Let's just hope the ones that really caught me off guard were the pre-test questions.

Looks like everyone felt it tough.I hope all of us will pass.

OMG this is going to be a long weekend...

Last edited:
I took it on the 23rd. I got an 81%, 650/800 on the retired NPTE form of the PEAT. And a 75%, 655/800 (idk why the scaled score and percentage didn't match up for the practice form) on the PEAT practice exam. I passed both online advantage from scorebuilders, passed the 3 scorebuilders exam on the CD. Passed only one out of 3 ossulivan......and I walked out of the testing center with a blank stare and a feeling of defeat. The PEAT was no where as challenging as the NPTE and did not prepare me at all for the NPTE as so many people have stated on The FB group page. I too don't expect to pass. It was just plain hard. Hands down the toughest exam I have ever taken. The worst part is, now that I know how the NPTE really is, I really don't know how else to prepare for it. Idk...am I the only one who feels that way?

I took it on the 23rd. I got an 81%, 650/800 on the retired NPTE form of the PEAT. And a 75%, 655/800 (idk why the scaled score and percentage didn't match up for the practice form) on the PEAT practice exam. I passed both online advantage from scorebuilders, passed the 3 scorebuilders exam on the CD. Passed only one out of 3 ossulivan......and I walked out of the testing center with a blank stare and a feeling of defeat. The PEAT was no where as challenging as the NPTE and did not prepare me at all for the NPTE as so many people have stated on The FB group page. I too don't expect to pass. It was just plain hard. Hands down the toughest exam I have ever taken. The worst part is, now that I know how the NPTE really is, I really don't know how else to prepare for it. Idk...am I the only one who feels that way?
Nope. I feel the exact same. And angry.

Wow impressive scores man... You might be over stressing~ but yeah it was pretty rough... Goodluck!

Wow impressive scores man... You might be over stressing~ but yeah it was pretty rough... Goodluck!
Trust me. I'm not over stressing. And if anyone thinks I'm bragging about my "practice" exam scores, I'M NOT. If anything it just gave me false confidence. My class attended the scorebuilders weekend course and at the end of the presentation the dude said that if you are constantly hitting target scores across multiple sources then you should have nothing to worry about. I believed it, not anymore tho.

Everyone, felt compelled to actually join and post in this time of uncertainty.

I took the npte in January and got similar scores on the peat (in the 80s) and most of my study partner friends got similar or lower scores. Every single person who I saw in the bar after or I spoke with said how hard it was and how they all failed. I knew I had failed even after studying like crazy.

We all passed.

I had a professor tell me after if we weren't freaking out and so nervous after she'd be worried.

It is the worst week waiting but it will be over soon- all the thoughts and feelings you have are normal. And if for some reason you fail you will be even more prepared the next time (and the pass rate is even higher)

Stay calm

Yeah I had a professor who said to expect walking out feeling like I failed. I'm not entirely convinced I failed but I'm not so certain I passed either. I'm not going to worry until I have something to worry about but I am eager to find out.

Feeling the same way. Got an 83% on the Retired PEAT. I felt all the practice exams emphasized certain topics and the July NPTE went in a completely different direction. A lot of educated guessing, a lot of frustration about the lack of practicality regarding the questions they chose to ask. I know we all passed but I still don't feel like it's an accurate portrayal of our clinical knowledge. SMH

Feeling the same way. Got an 83% on the Retired PEAT. I felt all the practice exams emphasized certain topics and the July NPTE went in a completely different direction. A lot of educated guessing, a lot of frustration about the lack of practicality regarding the questions they chose to ask. I know we all passed but I still don't feel like it's an accurate portrayal of our clinical knowledge. SMH
I would go ahead and say the absence of practicality.

Remember it's not as much clinical knowledge and more about can you keep people safe?

No written multiple choice test could ever really capture clinical decision making

Yeaaahhhh.... Lets go educated guessing!

Good luck to everyone as you wait for your test results. I took the test in January and got my "pass" on the 6th day around 7-8pm. I also was checking incessantly. Sometimes they say that your name will appear on your state licensure website prior to hearing from NPTE. It didn't work that way for me, but if you are feeling extra paranoid, give it a whirl.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, but have been following discussion for over 2 years…took the test last week as well and now anxiously waiting for the result…i share the same feeling with many of you

I don't i'm going to be able to sleep tonight. I did mine on the 23 so i wont be able to see the results up to tomorrow pm :-( good luck to all of the ones that will to get theirs tonight. I hope we all pass!!!!

Good luck to everyone as you wait for your test results. I took the test in January and got my "pass" on the 6th day around 7-8pm. I also was checking incessantly. Sometimes they say that your name will appear on your state licensure website prior to hearing from NPTE. It didn't work that way for me, but if you are feeling extra paranoid, give it a whirl.
just your name or your license number too?

All the best guys..and keep updating when you get your result. May god bless us all !

good luck everyone and to myself too,,,

Don't know ..I am not even sure about will they declare today or tommorrow .

Hey, folks. Like many of you, I walked out of the NPTE on the 23rd feeling bewildered and defeated. I had studied like a maniac since December of last year (graduated this summer), had taken six tests, and had done well on the 2nd PEAT. I have no idea how I could have worked harder to prepare for this. My sense was that the test was very heavily weighted towards high-level, inductive-reasoning type questions that really focused on MSK, with neuro being the second highest concentration of subject choices, though the neuro questions were nowhere nearly as advanced as the MSK questions. Nothing in my formal education prepared me for this test. In fairness, I have to say my school does not really devote much time to MSK--we covered it in a single, 10-week summer session, which I think was a deadly administrative error. I don't think this test speaks either to what I learned or what I demonstrated during my clinical experiences. We will see. I wish all of us well.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think that anything is going to be reported until tomorrow night at the earliest.

haven't received anything yet. Good luck to everybody

Yes we have to wait till tommorrow ...

It's gonna be the longest night for everyone i guess,,

It's gonna be the longest night for everyone i guess,,
Today was already a long day, I don't know how I am going to be able to do this again tomorrow... I've been anxious since I woke up.

Bleh, now 3 of my classmates have been telling me it'll be posted on the 30th which it states on their website.

Hopefully today!!!

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone! I appeared on the 22nd and have all of the same feelings and PEAT/practice scores as you guys do. Hope we all pass! So scared! Our graduation is next Friday so part of me is not sure if I want to know before then -Eeek! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone! I appeared on the 22nd and have all of the same feelings and PEAT/practice scores as you guys do. Hope we all pass! So scared! Our graduation is next Friday so part of me is not sure if I want to know before then -Eeek! Good luck to everyone!
welcome…good luck to you

does anyone know if they are going to declare for 22nd/23rd test's together..??? within last 2 days I have refreshed my page thousand times,,lol,,this wait is long,,,