How well do early wait-list placements turn out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EthylMethylMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's wicked early to be thinking about this, but I've been placed on two wait-lists this cycle so far. Last cycle I was placed on two different wait-lists much later in the cycle, and as you can probably guess, they turned out to be rejections. Late-cycle wait-lists are pretty tough to get off of, but have people tended to find success when put on the wait-list earlier in the cycle (like now)? I know every school is different, but I'm just talking general trends.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't depend upon timing, but what the dean is looking for, and how good your numbers are.

I know it's wicked early to be thinking about this, but I've been placed on two wait-lists this cycle so far. Last cycle I was placed on two different wait-lists much later in the cycle, and as you can probably guess, they turned out to be rejections. Late-cycle wait-lists are pretty tough to get off of, but have people tended to find success when put on the wait-list earlier in the cycle (like now)? I know every school is different, but I'm just talking general trends.

Reactions: 1 user
Early vs late makes no difference where I am.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gah, really? That's a bummer. How early is too early to start sending letters of intent/update letters?
Anything before April 30 is too soon. Even then, there is no need to send a love letter if you are holding nowhere (even after traffic day).

It doesn't depend upon timing, but what the dean is looking for, and how good your numbers are.
And how you compare to your competition that might have been put on the same wait list at an earlier or later time.
Early vs late makes no difference where I am.
Agreed.