how will different MCAT exams between applicants be viewed next cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanillabear55

just keep swimming
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically, how are schools going to compare applicants with these two new tests out. I know schools have various policies with accepting the old mcat for a few years max, so I'm interested, since I'm applying next cycle, how its going to be used when there is going to be such a mix of applicants.

Is it just going to be comparing the percentile estimates between applicants with different tests or do you think a greater emphasis will be placed on GPA/extracurriculars?
I realize there may not be a definitive answer out there, just curious if anyone has heard anything/has any input!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Percentiles. I doubt anything will become emphasized more or less.

Reactions: 2 users
We haven't a clue!

Basically, how are schools going to compare applicants with these two new tests out. I know schools have various policies with accepting the old mcat for a few years max, so I'm interested, since I'm applying next cycle, how its going to be used when there is going to be such a mix of applicants.

Is it just going to be comparing the percentile estimates between applicants with different tests or do you think a greater emphasis will be placed on GPA/extracurriculars?
I realize there may not be a definitive answer out there, just curious if anyone has heard anything/has any input!

Thanks.

Reactions: 2 users