Howard COP vs Texas Southern COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miminil

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering opinions people have of both schools. I applied to University of Houston which was my dream school and I was rejected. I got into Howard and I am going to accept their offer. However, the cost of living is so expensive in D.C so I have been thinking of applying to TSU and rescinding the Howard offer if I get in. Don't get me wrong, I love Howard and I believe it will open so many doors for me but the cost and being away from my family is a problem. Also, I have really low tolerance for the cold. In terms of opportunities, does anyone know about TSU. Can it equate to Howard? I understand a thread is not the best place to make life decisions off of but I'm just trying to see it from various perspectives.

Members don't see this ad.

I go to HUCOP... I absolutely love it. I'm from Indiana and it is actually warmer here. I have a classmate that went to TSU as well. I live about 7 or so miles from school and I pay about $830 to live in MD per month. It does cost an obscene about just to be near DC compared to Indiana but I think it's worth it.

Go with the cheaper option, you'd be getting a 50% discount off your PharmD if you went to TSU.
Howard students have to take grad+ loans just to get by in D.C.