Howard/Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Telekinesis

Gig 'Em
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Out of students who attend these schools what do you like about them?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you should go to the school specific forum.

Read the title of the forums and learn the correct forums in which to post your questions. Guess that's something that missed you in high school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was that supposed to be a question? Shame you don't know proper punctuation.
READING the thread would have shown you there are premeds and current med students corresponding. But I guess that is over your head.

Isn't it time to study or look up a post bac program that's willing to accept someone with your stats? That 2.5 isn't going to get you anywhere. :lol: Maybe you should start looking at Caribbean schools hon. :)

I find you amusing. BTW don't presume to know my credentials or accolades. You need to focus on graduating high school before you attempt to choose a career. For all you know you may hate medicine once you shadow someone. You may hate college level sci. I find it presumptuous that a high-schooler would even claim pre-med. Oh the arrogance of youth...

WIth a 2.5 :eek:! I doubt you had ANY accolades, if at all! And I quote:
My gpa now is a c2.5 only

Oops, I caught it before you edited it! I'm not presuming anything hon, just referencing one of your quotes! :lol: Now you look like a fool for lying.

Don't worry about me, I have already shadowed, researched, and volunteered at many medical facilities, I know what my path is. I take college level science classes, along with a plethora of others college level courses, and love it! Ever heard of AP? :lol:

Don't assume.

And, unlike you, I won't have any 2.5 gpa to hold me back.:smuggrin:

Like I said before, maybe you should concentrate on getting a post bac program to admit someone with your low stats. To think you can apply to Howard with your 2.5 is quite insulting to the school, so im not surprised that their students refuse to reply to you. :D Even SGU,in the Caribbean, average is 3.34 so you can forget about that:laugh:

And I'd love for you to tell some the mods, who've been here for 10+ years from their high school days and are now HSDN alumni and practicing doctors, that they were presumptuous :lol:

That gpa has you bitter, doesn't it?

My gpa now is a c2.5 only

:lol: :lol: :lol:

stanley-fat-max-measuring-tape-35ft-length.jpg

Oops, I caught it before you edited it! I'm not presuming anything hon, just referencing one of your quotes! :lol: Now you look like a fool for lying.

You seem overly aggressive in situations that don't call for it.

But you seem like a high schooler who actually know what you need to do, therefore, carry on. :thumbup:

:cool:

Sureeee :lol:
I find this hilarious!
Just like you shouldn't have assumed anything about me, since all of your assumptions are WRONG. As for your comment that i'll hate college sci, I've been in AP since freshman year and haven't failed a college level class, ever :) I've shadowed plenty of docs & love the profession!
Once again, your ASSumptions were wrong. Not all of us are underachievers :)

Stop with the taunting it reminds me that you are a high schooler. I'm impressed you have done more than 99.9% of high schoolers. I still think you should explore your options medical school isn't going anywere.

Shouldnt the gigantic sign on my profile remind you that i'm a high schooler? Talk about being oblivious :rolleyes:

Sure you're not one? Your childish lies and juvenile behavior reflects that of a teen.

I still think you should reconsider my suggestions, not everyone is suitable for med school.

You will need to justify those terrible grades and gpa to an adcom, that is, if they even bother throwing a secondary your way, with all the qualified applicants they receive. Getting into med school is getting even more competitive :)

Mahliah, your malicious comments have nothing at all to do with the OP's original question. Until you have actually gone through college as a premed, do not act like you can offer any advice. I assure you, high school AP classes and the like are generally completely different from the kind of work you will do in college.

@ futuredoc Oh, but I thought you were through? :lol: lots of doctors have? Do you have the statistics for that? I need to see numbers. You have anything to back that ridiculous claim up, or are you saying it to justify your terrible grades?

Responding rudeness with arrogance :) you were condescending and rude. To find out the person behind this only has a 2.5 gpa was hilarious. :lol:
Trying to hand out an insult, and then telling the mods to lock the thread? :lol: Your lack of maturity is appalling and I hope that clearly shows if you ever have the stats to apply to med school. If I was a grown adult the last thing I would ever do is go back and forth with a high schooler, a teenager! How PATHETIC. What a shame.

Last edited:
@ asli my comments originally were in response to the ops question, but as any common person can see he chose to be condescending and rude. And unless I'm mistaken, dual enrollment with a university is experiencing college, which I'm currently enrolled in. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
1. I never insulted you. You came into a forum fit college students trying to give advice.
2. If that's the case why are there tons of people admitted to med school with a 3.4 gpa?
3. This is the problem with black people, so quick to put another down. I hope you mature a little before you graduate all you have done is be condescending towards another.
4. Look at the date of that post. Summer time 2010 with like 30 credits. You insult me using outdated info.
This is a premed thread and i am a premed. That isnt hard!
I attend a university along with taking AP courses. You know, those same college science classes you said I would hate? :lol:

How is telling you, who was to lazy to use the search button, exactly where the info was that you were seeking giving advice? :laugh:
Do you know what tone is? Google it.
Here you go again with "tons of people". Unless you have stats that back this up, this is just basless conjecture to justify your poor stats.
So, you blame your condescending attitude on an entire race? You do not represent AA's. Your poor stats do not represent "alot of doctors" as you desperately keep trying to say.
I know plenty of AA pre-meds and doctors who had outstanding stats who do not have half of the rude, condescending attitude you posses and are caring down to earth people. But hey, I guess one would be mad too if they had that gpa :shrug:
I'm immature? No sweetie. I will not respond nicely to disrespect. I'm a teenager, and you're a supposedly grown man in your twenties with the mindset of a child, what's your excuse?

Like I said before, I have never came across a grown adult who would go back and forth with a teenager. It clearly shows you still have the mind set of a child. This type of immaturity is not needed in doctors.

This is a direct warning to Maliah and futuredoc. Please tone down your comments on both sides or further actions will be taken.

WIth a 2.5 :eek:! I doubt you had ANY accolades, if at all! And I quote:

Don't worry about me, I have already shadowed, researched, and volunteered at many medical facilities, I know what my path is. I take college level science classes, along with a plethora of others college level courses, and love it! Ever heard of AP? :lol:

Don't assume.

And, unlike you, I won't have any 2.5 gpa to hold me back.:smuggrin:

Like I said before, maybe you should concentrate on getting a post bac program to admit someone with your low stats. To think you can apply to Howard with your 2.5 is quite insulting to the school, so im not surprised that their students refuse to reply to you. :D Even SGU,in the Caribbean, average is 3.34 so you can forget about that:laugh:

And I'd love for you to tell some the mods, who've been here for 10+ years from their high school days and are now HSDN alumni and practicing doctors, that they were presumptuous

:lol:

This was uncall for Mahliah :eek:
You should never insult someone's GPA because you don't know what their circumstances were no matter how they insult you. Attack them another way. He can always become a doctor no matter his GPA, that's why post-bac and Master programs are available. I know students who have the stats and didn't get into medical school and yet there are students who don't have the "STATS" and were offer a spot. You don't know anyone's story and therefore should not judge. He prob said some vile stuff to you as well and he is in fault. But be the bigger person and just walk away. You should edit some of your posts regarding to futuredoc.

This whole thread gets a :thumbdown:

There is nothing wrong to asking a question about two schools that are not in the school specific forum. The mods will move the thread if they feel it's not suitable here.

I am out :hello: out here

This was uncall for Mahliah :eek:
You should never insult someone's GPA because you don't know what their circumstances were no matter how they insult you. Attack them another way. He can always become a doctor no matter his GPA, that's why post-bac and Master programs are available. I know students who have the stats and didn't get into medical school and yet there are students who don't have the "STATS" and were offer a spot. You don't know anyone's story and therefore should not judge. He prob said some vile stuff to you as well and he is in fault. But be the bigger person and just walk away. You should edit some of your posts regarding to futuredoc.

This whole thread gets a :thumbdown:

There is nothing wrong to asking a question about two schools that are not in the school specific forum. The mods will move the thread if they feel it's not suitable here.

I am out :hello: out here

It's all good. I got a little defensive because she called me a liar. I gave her too much attention.

As long as y'all made up y'all differences lol What you getting defensive for? All lawd funny ppl lol

well I have made a huge turn around since last year and for someone to tell me I'm lying made me upset. She.thought I still had a 2.5 lol

well I have made a huge turn around since last year and for someone to tell me I'm lying made me upset. She.thought I still had a 2.5 lol

O and you don't have that anymore. You improved in your academics :thumbup:

Kudos to you and keep up the good work. You already know medical school is hard to get in. I am taking a year or two off to relax and enjoy life before I apply :)

O and you don't have that anymore. You improved in your academics :thumbup:

Kudos to you and keep up the good work. You already know medical school is hard to get in. I am taking a year or two off to relax and enjoy life before I apply :)

I came off a long break from school. I worked before I began college so I had to learn how to be a student again. I never had to study in high school so I assumed the same about higher education. I finally got down how to study as well as toning down my ego. I always wanted to be a doctor(dream of mine since I was younger) but I thought no one from my upbringing could be one. I have came a long way and I have an even longer one ahead of me. It's insulting when someone calls me lazy without even knowing me. Thank you for your kind words. As blacks in medicine we all we got, it would be in our own best interest to encourage one another.

I came off a long break from school. I worked before I began college so I had to learn how to be a student again. I never had to study in high school so I assumed the same about higher education. I finally got down how to study as well as toning down my ego. I always wanted to be a doctor(dream of mine since I was younger) but I thought no one from my upbringing could be one. I have came a long way and I have an even longer one ahead of me. It's insulting when someone calls me lazy without even knowing me. Thank you for your kind words. As blacks in medicine we all we got, it would be in our own best interest to encourage one another.

My sentiments exactly. I am from New York so I understand about no one from your upbringing not becoming one. Yes, it's a challenge, like running cross country, with the hills and the valleys, lol but you can overcome them :)
It's not how you start the race but it's your will to finish the race. Run at your own pace and speed :). Yeah, I started college after HS but did 5 years in college because I transferred schools in 2008. It was the best decision I made in my life. Now I am taking two years off before applying and starting medical school. My first year I am doing Fulbright in South Korea for a year. My second Idk as of yet. I have a plan that I must execute :).

You're in college now but what year? Are you doing summer internships in medicine and such. Yes, we minorities have to stick together :xf: :D

My sentiments exactly. I am from New York so I understand about no one from your upbringing not becoming one. Yes, it's a challenge, like running cross country, with the hills and the valleys, lol but you can overcome them :)
It's not how you start the race but it's your will to finish the race. Run at your own pace and speed :). Yeah, I started college after HS but did 5 years in college because I transferred schools in 2008. It was the best decision I made in my life. Now I am taking two years off before applying and starting medical school. My first year I am doing Fulbright in South Korea for a year. My second Idk as of yet. I have a plan that I must execute :).

You're in college now but what year? Are you doing summer internships in medicine and such. Yes, we minorities have to stick together :xf: :D

I'm a junior at Texas A&M. I began college when I was 22. I will begin volunteering next semester. In the spring I plan to join the Big Brother Big Sister program. I want to make this world better when I leave it. So my plan first is to encourage as many minority males as I can to go to school and get an education. Its disgusting that their are more minorities in jail than college.

I'm not interning this year gotta pay rent :D But I will as soon as I get that MCAT out the way(pending score of course):rolleyes:

I'm a junior at Texas A&M. I began college when I was 22. I will begin volunteering next semester. In the spring I plan to join the Big Brother Big Sister program. I want to make this world better when I leave it. So my plan first is to encourage as many minority males as I can to go to school and get an education. Its disgusting that their are more minorities in jail than college.

I'm not interning this year gotta pay rent :D But I will as soon as I get that MCAT out the way(pending score of course):rolleyes:

I feel you homie. The rent has to be paid because I represent the RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH PARTY lol. I live off of scholarships when I was in undergrad, which is a month ago, lol
I am a BBBS sister mentor right now and I love it :). It's a different type of experience but my lil is too costly and never have any money, therefore, we hardly go anywhere, lol

Yes! I have to take my MCAT as well. I never took my exam but I am planning on taking it Jan 2012 when I return back to the country for a few weeks. You researched yet?

I feel you homie. The rent has to be paid because I represent the RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH PARTY lol. I live off of scholarships when I was in undergrad, which is a month ago, lol
I am a BBBS sister mentor right now and I love it :). It's a different type of experience but my lil is too costly and never have any money, therefore, we hardly go anywhere, lol

Yes! I have to take my MCAT as well. I never took my exam but I am planning on taking it Jan 2012 when I return back to the country for a few weeks. You researched yet?

I start research next year. I'm not sure if this is the norm or not but at A&M we can do research for a grade. Is that what you are referring to?

@ futuredoc Oh, but I thought you were through? :lol: lots of doctors have? Do you have the statistics for that? I need to see numbers. You have anything to back that ridiculous claim up, or are you saying it to justify your terrible grades?

Responding rudeness with arrogance :) you were condescending and rude. To find out the person behind this only has a 2.5 gpa was hilarious. :lol:
Trying to hand out an insult, and then telling the mods to lock the thread? :lol: Your lack of maturity is appalling and I hope that clearly shows if you ever have the stats to apply to med school. If I was a grown adult the last thing I would ever do is go back and forth with a high schooler, a teenager! How PATHETIC. What a shame.

the sdn mods should steal that emoticon ":lol:" from you. You use it entirely too much. Furthermore, u are extremely immature in making fun of someone who has that gpa. Not everyone reaches academic maturity at the same age. Its sad, yes, but who the f*** are you to make fun of someone?

Especially when u remind me of a petulant schoolboy who needs to get their priorities together. By the way, med school applicaiton is a crapshoot - its my advice to the poster that they find something that sets them apart. Nearly everyone who applies has a good gpa and mcat, but not everyone has a significant life experience. Do you have something that sets u apart? Not unless it's using your fantastic intellect and maturity to inspire downtrodden feelings in those less fortunate than yourself.

Grow up dude

And I'd love for you to tell some the mods, who've been here for 10+ years from their high school days and are now HSDN alumni and practicing doctors, that they were presumptuous :lol:

Ha, N006. hSDN was not around for SDN's inception. So, none of the physicians on SDN ever posted on hSDN and therefore are not hSDN alumni.

You look more and more stupid every time you post.

Dude, did you seriously get into an argument with a teenage girl? No. Life will take care of her little arrogant arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.