Howard University College of Dentistry IDP 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yoshido

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one applied for this years Howard University College of Dentistry IDP cycle???....please share updates here....GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE.

Members don't see this ad.

For the Howard aren't we suppose to do caapid and wait for the email for supplemental?

Members don't see this ad :)
So you are done with caapid n fee also? Do we have to pay fee or we wait for email?
yes...im done!...the fee shud be sent to them...only then they will review the application.
there is no harm in confirming by call them though! :)

I submitted my CAAPID on July 9....still haven't heard back from them about the application fee....do they usually take this long to send out the requests??

So I called and asked and they said they should be sending out invites in september....did any one receive any updates or knows something else?

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application a few weeks ago and got an email on 27 Aug saying we are in the process of reviewing your applications and you will be notified in case of interview and bench test.

A little update guys...I spoke to Mrs tart today over at admissions and she told me they haven't started processing applications yet but they will towards the end of this month and hopefully start sending out invite in october

Reactions: 1 users
I have received no email from them since the application completion email. have they sent out review emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
There is complete silence from som schools like Howard , Louiville

Please help those who have applied. Are we suppose to mail the supplement application fee of $200 immediately after we submit the caapid application or do we have to wait for an email from their side? I haven't received any email regarding supplement application or that they received my caapid application. Do they send such an email?

Dr4 you can send the application fee after you submit caapid.

Actually Dr4 you HAVE to send and supplemental fee , because otherwise they will not review your application.. no instructions.. send the fee asap!

Actually Dr4 you HAVE to send and supplemental fee , because otherwise they will not review your application.. no instructions.. send the fee asap!
I have one more question dentist82s is admission at howard on rolling basis?

well i don't know.. this is my first year as a applicant.. i just hope i have some chance.. just 6-8 ppl get admission :(

Is anyone who got interview please share their experience!! Thank you -

well i don't know.. this is my first year as a applicant.. i just hope i have some chance.. just 6-8 ppl get admission :(
They have announce their acceptances??

Posted using SDN Mobile

what?! no.. as far as i know they didn't even send iv yet..

Whats the address that I have to send my application fees?

Whats the address that I have to send my application fees?
Howard University College of Dentistry
Academic Affairs
600 W Street NW Room 128
Washington, DC 20059

And the dead line is this Saturday...if you haven't done it already I would overnight so they'd get by Friday at the most...cuz they're not workin on Saturday

Hello everyone, i got accepted at Howard idp. I am here to help, please feel free to ask your queries.
I would also like to say just believe in your dreams & go for it!!

@Diamond_Dental Can you please tell us about bench test ? what things you had to bring for the Bench test? Bench test fees ? Seats ?And if any further interviews will be taken? Thank you. My heartiest congratulations to you for your success.

Hello everyone, i got accepted at Howard idp. I am here to help, please feel free to ask your queries.
hi Diamond_Dental,
Congratulations for being accepted in Howard. .
I would like to get some expert assistance from you regarding idp admissions. .Kindly let me know if you can help me
thanks in advance

Thank you everyone!
I had my iv on 19th Nov, the bench test was elaborate including endo access opening, cavity preps & crown preparation. There were 2 personal interviews. Total 6 candidates were interviewed & as far as I know 3 were selected. So there might be more ivs, but I have no idea regarding that.
For bench test we bring everything ourselves except the typodont. I must say that Howard is the University that I respect not just because I got accepted there; but I felt a very professional and ethical system prevailing there. They choose candidates on basis of credentials & test every aspect of the candidate.
All the best everyone & hope your dreams come true. I would strongly suggest you guys to have perseverance & belief in ones abilities!!

Thank you everyone!
I had my iv on 19th Nov, the bench test was elaborate including endo access opening, cavity preps & crown preparation. There were 2 personal interviews. Total 6 candidates were interviewed & as far as I know 3 were selected. So there might be more ivs, but I have no idea regarding that.
For bench test we bring everything ourselves except the typodont. I must say that Howard is the University that I respect not just because I got accepted there; but I felt a very professional and ethical system prevailing there. They choose candidates on basis of credentials & test every aspect of the candidate.
All the best everyone & hope your dreams come true. I would strongly suggest you guys to have perseverance & belief in ones abilities!!
Congratulation!!!can u just give me a clue about the education tuition per sem or in ayear ! Thanx

Thank you everyone!

Hi Diamond_Dental.. Congratulations.
Did u take any bench test preparation programs and have done volunteer work?
I live in herndon,Virginia. Where can we find dental instruments?
If u any idea plz help me.

The tuition for international dentist progr at howard is around $75k per year. But will confirm it once I receive the fee package from the Uni.

Thank you Canines,
I did alot of volunteering both in my home country as well as in US.
For bench test, I practiced at home. You can order the required dental instruments from amazon or even the bookstore of USC. You can call them or fax them the list of instruments & they will ship them to you.

The tuition for international dentist progr at howard is around $75k per year. But will confirm it once I receive the fee package from the Uni.
its written here about 40k ,,this is may be for the dds full prog students?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-15-00-58-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-15-00-58-15.png
    116 KB · Views: 92
Thank you Canines,
I did alot of volunteering both in my home country as well as in US.
For bench test, I practiced at home. You can order the required dental instruments from amazon or even the bookstore of USC. You can call them or fax them the list of instruments & they will ship them to you.
I would like to volunteer also in DC or virginia give me aclue about the places i can volunteer in around DC

I would like to volunteer also in DC or virginia give me aclue about the places i can volunteer in around DC
hey shaimaateia, I am new to DC area. So wouldn' t be able to tell you details of Virginia or DC areas for volunteering. But I would suggest you to contact Howard if they have any volunteer position open!

Thank you everyone!

Hi Diamond Dental

Could you please give details on your bench test like what typodont was used, was it mounted/bench top, what was the time allotted to each prep and on what tooth no. were the preps? Last but not the least Heartiest congrats and I wish you all the best for the future.

3 seats ....... 6 candidates interviewed .... why did i even apply here?? louisville kentucky didnt even have a single seat this year waste of my money

Hi Diamond_Dental,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I got iv call from Howard for Jan.26. Please guide me for iv and bench test. Which questions they asked? How much time they gave for all exercises? and What are their criteria for selection? I would really appreciate if you could pm me your contact number. Thank you.

Hi diamond .... Congratulations ...
Could u please tell us ur score n Hw did u prepare for bench test ??

Hello everyone Merry Christmas!!
Hey ZFZ, Thank you for all your good wishes! Regarding the answers to your queries, the typodont was provided by the University, it was columbia. It was mounted, not table top. The exercises asked were 2 access opening on extracted teeth, 1 class 2 prep, 1 class 3 prep on max CI, 1 PFM on lower Pm and 1 Cast metal prep on lower molar. The time allotted was around 3 hours.

Hey liberation, I am glad you got an iv!!
There were 2 personal interviews. They just asked general questions of your background, your experience and your life. I was casual in answering all of them but very honest, I think that helps.Time allotted for bench test was 3 hours. Personally I feel howard has a very high standard not just because they selected me, but because of their gauging criteria. I didn't feel any political vibe but I felt that they were very genuine & wanted the best candidate. Just be yourself, do your best in bench test and answer honestly, it will work out!

Hey dr Gauva, Thank you! I prepared for the bench test using online videos and setting up my own dental clinic at home. I also attended lots of CE courses, volunteered at different dental clinics for over an year. Just keep working hard and it will pay off!