Howard University COP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iWillBeaPharmD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for Howard's future class of 2018 (correct me if I'm wrong) so I figured I'd create one.

Post stats, interview information, advise, etc.!

=D

Members don't see this ad.

Found one. Lol.
Not sure how to delete this one so please ignore me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yea. That was my thread. No one seems to be replying though. Did you interview yet?

Yeah, that's why I missed it a first.
But I haven't interviewed yet. Just sent off my PharmCAS yesterday. I was waiting for a letter of recommendation that took forever! Lol.
You?

Yeah, that's why I missed it a first.
But I haven't interviewed yet. Just sent off my PharmCAS yesterday. I was waiting for a letter of recommendation that took forever! Lol.
You?

I had an interview this past weekend. Although nerve racking, I had a good time. The students and faculty were really nice and welcoming. They said they'll get back to us in two weeks.. so fingers crossed.

I had an interview this past weekend. Although nerve racking, I had a good time. The students and faculty were really nice and welcoming. They said they'll get back to us in two weeks.. so fingers crossed.

Oh okay. I'm sure you did well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

I did accept my acceptance. Good luck. Perseverance is the key.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I am applying there as well. Do you mind sharing your stats?

I have a 3.21 GPA, graduating with a B.Sc in Biochemistry in December (completed the program in 3.5years and I am really young), lots of volunteer experience, research experience, I was a resident assistant, tutor and I shadowed an independent pharmacist. My PCAT wasn't fantastic. I was in the 59th percentile. My Biology was 79, Quantitative was about 70 and chemistry was about the same. I did really badly on the reading and the verbal.

If your stats are good and your interview goes well, you will be fine... The math test isn't bad either. Just like what you will see on the PCAT.

BTW.. I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A day before my birthday! Best birthday present ever!!

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 3.21 GPA, graduating with a B.Sc in Biochemistry in December (completed the program in 3.5years and I am really young), lots of volunteer experience, research experience, I was a resident assistant, tutor and I shadowed an independent pharmacist. My PCAT wasn't fantastic. I was in the 59th percentile. My Biology was 79, Quantitative was about 70 and chemistry was about the same. I did really badly on the reading and the verbal.

If your stats are good and your interview goes well, you will be fine... The math test isn't bad either. Just like what you will see on the PCAT.

BTW.. I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A day before my birthday! Best birthday present ever!!

Good luck!

That's great PharmBambi. Is your 3.21 GPA your Pharmcas GPA or your overall. I just completed the application with them I want to retake the PCAT to help my chances.

Anyone know what "conditional acceptance" entails?

That's great PharmBambi. Is your 3.21 GPA your Pharmcas GPA or your overall. I just completed the application with them I want to retake the PCAT to help my chances.

My pharmcas science GPA was a 2.99. My non science was a 3.45 and my math was a 3.58. How did you do on the PCAT? Did you find out the last PCAT accepted by Howard, some schools accept the November PCAT as the last one.

Actually, the October PCAT is the latest that Howard accepts. See: http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/421 . Go to "tests."

It might mean you have to mandatorily take the Pharmacy Biomedical Preview (PBP) program or you have certain prerequisites that need to be met before the deadline. The reason for conditional acceptance should be stated in the letter. However, if it isn't, I would suggest you contact Howard directly and ask.

Congrats on your acceptance @PharmBambi !!

Is anyone out there going to the January 25th interview?!

Thank you! Whatever you do, book your ticket/hotel early if you don't live around the area. Spent so much money flying there and paying for a hotel. :(

It varies for everyone. They list it in your acceptance letter. for me it was Background check, completion of all prerequisites, deposit..etc. I did not have to complete the summer program.

Thank you! Whatever you do, book your ticket/hotel early if you don't live around the area. Spent so much money flying there and paying for a hotel. :(

Yeah, the price of the flight made me cringe. But thankfully I have tons of family in the area to stay with.

For those who are already in and accepteded, do you have any interviews for future interviewees??

For those of you who are still waiting, persevere.

For those who have interviews I would suggest that you just be yourself. Do not go into the interview and try to be something you aren't because it will show. Just relax and engage the interviewers, stay sharp though. The toughest part is getting the interview, once you get the interview you "control your own destiny" so to speak.

Good Luck.

For those who are already in and accepteded, do you have any interviews for future interviewees??

Just be yourself. Definitely have answers to the common questions rehearsed (not crammed). I made the mistake of cramming mine and I ended up forgetting everything under pressure. Also, the interview format has changed. All in all, just be yourself, don't panic and SMILE. Also, be sure to ask questions even if its just one. Practice your math, its similar to that of the pcat. Good luck!

I am very nervous about my upcoming interview.

Last edited:
I am very nervous about my upcoming interview. I noticed that someone mentioned that the interview questions have changed. If you don't mind, could you share some of the questions that were asked? Thanks.
when is your interview? I have mine Feb 8th.

How is the math test? How many questions and what is the level of difficulty?

So my interview is tomorrow & I have yet to receive my official sealed transcripts from my university. Has anyone attended the interview w/o bringing them along??? I have my official transcripts (not sealed) that I got with my diploma which I was planning to take with me instead.

How is the math test? How many questions and what is the level of difficulty?

I honestly found the math test to be really easy. Maybe it's just cos I love math. If you know your PCAT math, you'll be fine. Also know your Roman numerals.. Just the basics. Good luck.

So my interview is tomorrow & I have yet to receive my official sealed transcripts from my university. Has anyone attended the interview w/o bringing them along??? I have my official transcripts (not sealed) that I got with my diploma which I was planning to take with me instead.
My interview is tomorrow as well and my official sealed transcript hasn't come in either. I'm nervous about coming in with it tomorrow.

How did everyone's interview go?

Compared to the other interviews I've had, Howard's was definitely the most intense (when it comes to the interview portion). I feel so-so about how I did. Lol. I had one major brainfart.

Compared to the other interviews I've had, Howard's was definitely the most intense (when it comes to the interview portion). I feel so-so about how I did. Lol. I had one major brainfart.

I had several brain farts. There were so many things I wished I said after the fact. But I turned out fine. Is Howard your first choice?

I had several brain farts. There were so many things I wished I said after the fact. But I turned out fine. Is Howard your first choice?

Yeah, me too! It's one of my first choices. The students & Dean Wutoh really sold the school well.

I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of grading the school uses. Is it regular A,B,C, and F and I also was curious if the grades are curved.
I went to Roseman school of pharmacy before and everything was different. They have that rule where you have to get 90 percent or over and you take each
test twice and its pass or fail. I just need to know what they system is at Howard. Good luck to everyone interviewing.

Congratulations to everyone who has made their choice!! :)

Last edited:
I'm a current student. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I will try to help as much as I can.

Congrats to all who got accepted and good luck to those who are still interviewing/waiting.

Has anyone heard back from the February 8th interview?

Anyone interviewing on March 22nd?