Howard University COP (Entering 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No it doesn't. We literally had a student get in during our orientation week. If anything it just means we got to your application later than others.
Great! Thanks:happy:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, @calikid1989 I've ordered my transcripts from the institutions I've taken classes at, however I worried that they may not arrive on time....
How important is it that I bring my transcripts to my interview with me? Can I just send in all (4) of my transcripts once I receive them? Will this determine my admission?

Hi, @calikid1989 I've ordered my transcripts from the institutions I've taken classes at, however I worried that they may not arrive on time....
How important is it that I bring my transcripts to my interview with me? Can I just send in all (4) of my transcripts once I receive them? Will this determine my admission?
Happens all the time that interviewees can't gather their transcripts in time for the interview. To be honest it is not a factor at all, it's merely for the admissions committee to see you hit all the pre-reqs. I did not have all of mine when I interviewed so...... don't stress! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks @calikid1989 for all of the help! This thread has been great!

I have another question: do you know if it's possible to volunteer with faculty on any clinical trials (or if that's a possibility)? When I interviewed I didn't get a tour of the pharmacy school due to the crazy east coast storm. (We interviewed in the grad school) And, I completely forgot to ask what hospital Howard is associated with---- or rather where do students general do hospital rotations. I'm not familiar with DC's hospital system-- so I apologize if it's a dumb question.

I guess to broaden my clinical trials questions--- is it possible to volunteer on any research with faculty? Be it clinical trials or basic science (pharmacy related) research? Thanks again!

w if it's possible to volunteer with faculty on any clinical trials (or if that's a possibility)? When I interviewed I didn't get a tour of the pharmacy school due to the crazy east coast storm. (We interviewed in the grad school) And, I completely forgot to ask what hospital Howard is associated with---- or rather where do students general do hospital rotations. I'm not familiar with DC's hospital system-- so I apologize if it's a dumb question.
First off, there is no dumb question. You should always seek to out others who know what you might not. Otherwise you're guessing and we don't guess in the health field. Which interview were you at, I can't remember if we might have crossed paths. Any how, I haven't heard about our professors doing clinical trials that might be a med school type deal. We do have professors who are active in drug discovery and anti-cancer research. You can be proactive and seek them out your P1 year, I personally know two students who did, and begin researching ahead of time. You can also take research as an elective your P2 year where the majority of the faculty is available so you could pick one depending on your own personal interests.
Howard, being the ONLY pharmacy school in DC, has been building relationships with hospitals all over the DMV area, predominantly HUH (Howard Hospital, obviously), DC VA Hospital, MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital, Children's National Hospital as well as Georgetown and George Washington U Hospitals for generations. We send students to hospitals beyond that as well in VA and MD but there really is no way for me to list every single one off the top of my head.
Hope this answers your questions.

Okay thanks for clearing that up! I figured it wasn't very common for pharm students to be involved/volunteer in clinical studies-- just a wish. Thanks again for answering all of my questions! We may have crossed paths-- I interviewed on the 21st of Feb (during that awful snow storm)-- I was in the afternoon group.

Okay thanks for clearing that up! I figured it wasn't very common for pharm students to be involved/volunteer in clinical studies-- just a wish. Thanks again for answering all of my questions! We may have crossed paths-- I interviewed on the 21st of Feb (during that awful snow storm)-- I was in the afternoon group.
you're welcome ! oh that was the one interview I missed. not sure where you're from but it only snows like that a few weeks out of the winter.

Only 2 interviews left. I hope anyone reading this now is ready for it.. if not ask away :)