How's everyone holding up this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClosetNerd828

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard back from 4/13 schools so far and invited to interview at all 4.. Of course I am excited about that but I can't help but wonder, "why haven't I hear from the others!?"... They are still "Under Review"... I guess it's still early, right?

What kind of progress is everyone else making?

Members don't see this ad.

Lol I would love to be in your position! Congratulations!

I have heard back from a big fat 0/22 schools thus far. Just requests for fees.

Current mood:

me :poke: dental schools

Reactions: 9 users
I've heard back from 4/13 schools so far and invited to interview at all 4.. Of course I am excited about that but I can't help but wonder, "why haven't I hear from the others!?"... They are still "Under Review"... I guess it's still early, right?

What kind of progress is everyone else making?

August 25th 2015. It's still early. Interviews run for most schools from September to Feb/March. Interviews usually get sent out at any time in between that listed timespan. If you have the stats and application, they will come.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am like Dwight Howard at the free throw line... 0 for 20 ....my app wasn't mailed out until 8/13 though so it hasn't been two weeks....I have done all the supplemental apps though

Reactions: 2 users
I am like Dwight Howard at the free throw line... 0 for 20 ....my app wasn't mailed out until 8/13 though so it hasn't been two weeks....I have done all the supplemental apps though

I got my stuff out like 2nd and 3rd batch.. so I'm a bit closer to the top of the stack I guess...

Lol I would love to be in your position! Congratulations!

I have heard back from a big fat 0/22 schools thus far. Just requests for fees.

Current mood:

me :poke: dental schools
I'm sure you will be hearing back soon with a DAT like that!

I haven't gotten any interviews yet. Mailed out end of July with pretty good DAT and GPA. I'm just hoping I simply haven't been looked at yet. But ya I have to limit my SDN time or I start freaking out lol

Reactions: 5 users
I haven't gotten any interviews yet. Mailed out end of July with pretty good DAT and GPA. I'm just hoping I simply haven't been looked at yet. But ya I have to limit my SDN time or I start freaking out lol

Exactly... I see someone say "I got invited to LECOM" and I'm immediately like "WTF... why haven't I been invited?! I'm never going to Dental School! What do they have that I don't have!?"

Reactions: 3 users
patience--it will happen, probably in the next couple of months.

Can you tell me which 4 schools you got an interview invitation? I haven't heard from any of my schools yet :(

I'm here wondering the same, haven't heard from my top choices yes but I am lucky to have 3/20 thus far :(

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from an unknown number and my heart skipped a beat or four. picked up.

Them: Hi, is this ___?
Me: Yes.
Them: This is ___ from LA fitness, blahblahblahblah

:lame:

Reactions: 8 users
Got a call from an unknown number and my heart skipped a beat or four. picked up.

Them: Hi, is this ___?
Me: Yes.
Them: This is ___ from LA fitness, blahblahblahblah

:lame:

I am getting calls for job interviews at this moment. I was hoping for dental schools lol.

Reactions: 1 users
On the exactly the same boat.
I've heard from 3/22 and got invitations yet I am so worried that I haven't got any invitations/ rejections from UPenn, UMich, CWRU, UNE..
I guess my app would be already reviewed because I saw few other people got the invitations yet they have later app completed/ AADSAS mailed out date..
Ugh...

You can't give up! I was expecting maybe one pre-December interview, and I've received 3 so far out of the blue. A friend of mine got in this last cycle only a few days before dental school started for him. Whenever I get stressed thinking about getting an interview or wondering if I'll even get accepted I just start working out

I am barely holding up this cycle.

I have not sleep for 3 days....

I don't know want day it is....

I look like this:

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1440544501.326535.jpg

Will this ever end?....

Ugh....

Jk

I'm deciding where to get my suit...

I think I'm going with grey.... I don't want to get a suit for any last minute interviews...

I got to look good for the dental mamas

Reactions: 2 users

I was gonna post the *exact* same thing.. haha. I'm always back and forth trying to convince myself I'll be fine and teetering to the "maybe I should have added more schools....I guess there's always next year" side after seeing the sky high stats in the interview thread. :oldman:

I just got my gpa verified so I'm relieved about that. Most of my stress right now comes from work and family LOL. Probably will eventually start becoming stressed about interviews soon though :p

I was gonna post the *exact* same thing.. haha. I'm always back and forth trying to convince myself I'll be fine and teetering to the "maybe I should have added more schools....I guess there's always next year" side after seeing the sky high stats in the interview thread. :oldman:
No you'll be fine!! I applied to like 10 or 11 schools and I think that's plenty, especially since some seem like long shots to me. I stopped looking at the interview thread for like 5 days and it really helped my sanity lol. I'd highly recommend it. And again, right after I posted that I got my first interview. It'll totally happen for you!! SDN makes it really hard to put in perspective but it's still very early in the interview process and there really aren't that many people who get those ridiculous DAT scores. Honestly, I'd guess 75%+ of them are on SDN anyway so it's not like there are 400 more people who got 26AA

Applied late...decent GPA/DAT. I applied to 20 schools and have heard back from a whopping 0 of them. Congrats to those who have interview invites and good luck!!

how late is late, and what do you define as "decent"?

Applied late...decent GPA/DAT. I applied to 20 schools and have heard back from a whopping 0 of them. Congrats to those who have interview invites and good luck!!

Late as in, this dude's application just mailed out last Friday :laugh: Of course you haven't heard back from any of them yet. It hasn't even been a week. Chill.

I submitted my application on 7/23 but my application wasn't officially mailed until 8/21. I have a 3.75 GPA/22 AA DAT. But as gsquared said, I think I do just need to "chill".

Late as in, this dude's application just mailed out last Friday :laugh: Of course you haven't heard back from any of them yet. It hasn't even been a week. Chill.
True. That's a good point! :cool::cool::cool: