How's it looking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nayr221

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post on SDN (apologies if this wrong thread). So I am a sophomore at public university (Not CC) and am finishing up my 1 semester of sophomore year. Looking at me pre-med req grades, I'm wondering do I even have a chance anymore, or, should I consider looking into/saving for SMP.

Here are the grades thus far:

Spring Senior Year of HS (Took classes that count for college credit)

Chem 101: A+
Calc 1: B

Fall Freshman Year
Stat 213: B+
Gen Chem 1: A-

Spring Freshman Year
Gen Chem 2: B+
Bio 1: B-
Gen Chem Lab: A

Fall Sophomore Year (this semester)
Here are the grades I'm expecting:

Bio 2: B
Orgo 1: B or B-
Oreo Lab: B

These are all the pre med classed I'm taking/took. I do plan to take upper level biology. sGPA after this semester might fall somewhere around a 3.23-3.0. Overall GPA will lie somewhere around 3.6.

Just want some reassurance I suppose, or advice. What can I improve on, should I consider medicine, should I start saving for SMP? For what it's worth, I do have some research (mostly summer experiences) and am currently in an EMT-B program.

Thanks in advance guys!

Members don't see this ad.

cGPA is still in the "you're fine" range. Just figure out what happened with Orgo 1 and fix those things for Orgo 2. Once you've figured out how to study more efficiently and effectively for science classes, take some upper level science classes and do well on them to raise your sGPA. If it's because you don't have enough time to study, cut back on ECs or other commitments until you're getting the grades you want. You shouldn't worry about an SMP yet. You still have well over half of college to raise your GPA. Focus on doing that before you even think about an SMP.

Reactions: 1 user
A 3.0 is very low for a sGPA but you have at least 2 1/2 years left so you should be fine if you work hard and keep taking high level science classes etc, Work on your ECs especially outside of medicine.