Hows the course load for Genetics and cell biology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mynameistino

Hows the course load for Genetics and cell biology? equal to o chem? physics?

Members don't see this ad.

I think its equivalent to chem and physics since genetics is 4 credits hours and does not have a lab. Chem and physics both have a lab so if you weigh both of them together its about the same load. No lab in genetics but just more info which is like having a lab. So I would say their about the same from personal experience.

I think it all depends where you go to school. A lot of my classes are separate lectures and labs (but required for my degree). I had a genetics lecture and lab as well as cell bio and lab. Most bio classes at our school are 3 hour lecture and 2 hour lab credits. I think chem/physics combo is harder than genetics/cell bio would be. Chem and physics are both math intensive courses that require studying and memorizing formulas, constants, etc. Genetics/cell bio are both a lot of material but I think are easier to memorize. And depending on what your cell bio prof. focuses on, you will see some overlap of material between cell bio and genetics.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it all depends where you go to school. A lot of my classes are separate lectures and labs (but required for my degree). I had a genetics lecture and lab as well as cell bio and lab. Most bio classes at our school are 3 hour lecture and 2 hour lab credits. I think chem/physics combo is harder than genetics/cell bio would be. Chem and physics are both math intensive courses that require studying and memorizing formulas, constants, etc. Genetics/cell bio are both a lot of material but I think are easier to memorize. And depending on what your cell bio prof. focuses on, you will see some overlap of material between cell bio and genetics.

im taking all 4 of those classes