How's this DO School list? | 3.35 GPA / 32 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mosesmalone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am coming from a UC school with a 3.35 com Gpa, 3.6 non-sci, and a 3.1 sci GPA. MCAT wise, I have a 32R. My extra-curriculars are pretty solid: worked at a student run clinic for 4 years, founded a non-profit, held leadership positions in student-clubs, did research for 2 years, had a publication, did 100+ hours of shadowing (albeit not with all with DO), etc. My letters of rec do include one from a DO physician, and the rest of them should be pretty solid too. State of residence in California.

Schools currently on my list:
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of NYIT
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, NY
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California, CA
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada, NV
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Lebanon, OR
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill, PA
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, OH
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - School of Osteopathic Medicine, NJ

Does that look like a list that I could hope for some interviews and hopefully some acceptances?

Would I be safe applying to any less? Should I add some more? Or is it just right?

Members don't see this ad.

Looks fine to me! But then again, I have a dog in this fight. Good luck!

I am coming from a UC school with a 3.35 com Gpa, 3.6 non-sci, and a 3.1 sci GPA. MCAT wise, I have a 32R. My extra-curriculars are pretty solid: worked at a student run clinic for 4 years, founded a non-profit, held leadership positions in student-clubs, did research for 2 years, had a publication, did 100+ hours of shadowing (albeit not with all with DO), etc. My letters of rec do include one from a DO physician, and the rest of them should be pretty solid too. State of residence in California.

Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Lebanon, OR
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - School of Osteopathic Medicine, NJ

Does that look like a list that I could hope for some interviews and hopefully some acceptances?

Would I be safe applying to any less? Should I add some more? Or is it just right?

Even though I applied to UMDNJ myself, I wouldn't have done it had I known about the issue with the merger with Rowan. There can be a host of issues coming out from that. Be warned.
Care to explain that a little bit or link me to another thread?

Members don't see this ad :)

you should try for DMU too.

With a 32 you can be competitive for MD in one year, take a year off and get your gpa up like .2

BUMP. Any more advice? Really appreciate everyone's so far.

This fellow is just spreading rumor. There are no serious issues other than salary and tenure for faculty members.