HoWW I Met Your Mother: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SummerTheLynx

The Bioinformatics DVM student
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Listen up kids, I am going to tell you a fantastic story. The story of how I met your mother!

Now, if there is anything that you shall learn from the story of How I met your mother, it’s this, you can't stop fate. Fate will go the way that it is supposed to regardless of our individual choices. However, that doesn't make an individual's choice insignificant, in fact an individual's choice may speed up, slow down, or on rare occasions, slightly modify what fate has intended.

There are many ways that I can start this story. But I would prefer to start with this one.... How ____ became the player king of New York City!
3) Changing avatars is encouraged this game, with a *SLIGHT* bonus in ability to obtain items (not drastic for those that still want to be themselves)
4) Deadlines will be 8 pm EST for lynch votes each night. ANTICIPATE Night close by 6 am each day! Depending on what day it is, I may need to work at 7 am, and thus results will be posted then. I will allow late submissions on days I close at 8 am, but you are risking it not getting in on time!
5) Be as active or as inactive as you want. No penalty for being inactive this game. But, doesn't mean there won't be repercussions for some :shifty:
6) Pming - Only certain groups may pm throughout the game. As of right now, NO group may pm. The groups that can pm will change, so be aware of this! Also, any pms outside of groups will always follow the rules outlined in your role descriptions, so keep this in mind.

Roster:
Maclarens:
1. @Mad Jack
2. @WildZoo
3. @brightimpressio
4. @WillowLeaf
5. @fancymylotus
The Original Apartment:
6. @Ashgirl
7. @Rogert
8. @honeytokki
9. @Gwenevre
10. @swingnsave
Robin's Apartment:
11. @NilocDent
12. @ResoluteMike
13. @tuckervet
14. @Zensing
15. @swiniazycie
Barney's apartment:
16. @Jilary
17. @orca2011
18. @Cyndia
19. @allieh8607
20. @ksmi117
Lily and Marshal's House on Long Island:
21. @DocEspana
22. @ZooVetHopeful
23. @HowIMetYourPet
24. @Snow White96
25. @hedgiehog
Ted's House on Long Island:
26. @Caia
27. @Hammer2s
28. @Foxhunter
29. @Chillbo Baggins
30. @devyn
The Lusty Leopard ;)
31. @DVMDream
32. @LetItSnow
33. @dyachei
34. @StartingoverVet

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to be the mayor person, if you all will have me :)
Vote WZ
tumblr_ljq77svYwA1qavmeoo1_500.gif

Down with the false mayor! Vote Mad Jack!

Members don't see this ad :)
So rude! What did I ever do to you??

I would never elect MJ as mayor. He's far too tricksy :p
If I'm so damn tricky, why do I never win :p I'm the WW equivalent of a corgi engaged in mortal combat with an inanimate object when I'm a wolf or chaos, I'm terrible at it.
totally-harmless.gif

Reactions: 1 user
If I'm so damn tricky, why do I never win :p I'm the WW equivalent of a corgi engaged in mortal combat with an inanimate object when I'm a wolf or chaos, I'm terrible at it.
totally-harmless.gif
Not gonna fall for your ploy of cute animals. Though, what better place to try and pull that than pre-vet.
elect dyachei

totally-harmless.gif
You've won as a wolf :p Granted it was a pretty long time ago ;)

And you might have lasted longer in Arcanum if you hadn't accidentally gotten yourself night killed.

Elect MJ. His wild theories playing style from ww101 remind me of the crazy plots in the show (i just reread part of that game for laughs) so I think he's a fitting mayor. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay it's finally starting! :D

Also, elect Ashgirl, because I have candy, bacon, and cute animal gifs to give (among other things ;))
content_dbc4fd9e-3ef4-4f39-812f-b79094635812.gif

Y'all suck
Unelect WZ elect Ashgirl
welcome back :D

But why? :(
nonononnoon don't be sad :( I'm easily manipulated by sad people.

And because I didn't want to make a choice between you and MJ so I chose option C. Also, I'm pretty sure dyacheiis more experienced than both of you.

nonononnoon don't be sad :( I'm easily manipulated by sad people.

And because I didn't want to make a choice between you and MJ so I chose option C. Also, I'm pretty sure dyacheiis more experienced than both of you.
Lame. Always choose me :p
Oh, of course she is, I just wanted to try my hand at mayor. But dy tends to be a good mayor. Carry on.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact.
elect zoovethopeful

because 1) thanks for the vote of support
2) Elect the unwilling is my favorite
3) elect those I can manipulate potentially chat with is my second favorite
4) we're all gonna make a noobie player a mayor because F*** the police
tumblr_mckfirbSzE1r0on9vo1_500.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
<----- Watching House of Cards. I'd make an awesome mayor president!

3) Changing avatars is encouraged this game, with a *SLIGHT* bonus in ability to obtain items (not drastic for those that still want to be themselves)
]

76748-Gladiator-thumbs-down-gif-b5MO.gif

I'd tell you how I really feel about this, but I might get banned for inappropriate language so the above gif will have to do... :p

Reactions: 1 users
I swear to Jesus if I die super early I will cry.

Before I head into my nutrition study cave for the day, I wanted to once more encourage people to vote for me. Because everyone loves a noob mayor! (Plus, there will be benefits if I am elected ;))

Also, cute puppy gif:
tumblr_m857rsVlv71rq4xsa.gif

VOTE ASHGIRL!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I feel like there are some requirements for GIFs for some people or something. All but one of mjs posts have gifs.

Because I am a sucker for puppy gifs.

elect Ashgirl