HoWW I Met Your Mother: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think for me at least, it is more a mix of busy and loss of interest in certain games once you see what they are about. My give a damn significantly drops in a game where there are 37372 different groups and way too many roles with excessive abilities. I'm sure at least one other person agrees with me. But to each their own.

Pretty much.

Members don't see this ad.

Crying because I can't go a single game without trusting a wolf :( or chaos, or neutral, or whatever... I think the only villager I conversed with this game was Jilary :lame:

I only talked to Ash and briefly HIMYP before I got killed by DVMD. Even after I killed a wolf for y'all.

images

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
By the way @dyachei i really wanted LIS to get the investigation results out about me so I could "use" my alias. It was frustrating having a great alias, but not being able to tell anyone because then you guys would suspect me.

Same with the lynch avoidance.. It was a great ability, but I couldn't "know" about it without alerting y'all to my presence.

Once I was outed, it was actually easier to defend myself.

And for the record, everything I did until end game was in the wolves interest. I never, ever expected to live long enough to actually kill a wolf.
meh. I could care less you were the traitorous wolf. I stand by what I said in the PMs.

Hey "fellow" wolves, did LIS tell you about me as a traiterous wolf?

I set up a conversation with him, and tried to convince him that I had "stolen" your conversion and he was a traiterous wolf as well.
I was suspicious from the start that he didn't believe me, but I felt it was worth the risk.
I envisioned he set up a separate conversation with y'all telling you exactly what I was doing, but it seems not.

I was pretty much LOL the whole time if he really believed me.

He was so quiet it was a little uncanny, but maybe he was just upset he was double converted (or not sure if he should out me or not).

I did not tell them anything. I fell for it.

I didn't see you tell me you had 'stolen' a conversion.... I probably missed that somewhere. I just saw that I was added to the traitorous wolf thread and took it at face value.

Honestly, people REALLY REALLY REALLY over-interpret 'quiet' or 'not playing normally' - at least when assessing people who are in busy phases of life. I don't have the time to rip apart every post or PM or write-up (especially in the games with mods who like long write-ups -- cool reads, but tl;dr). I was quiet because I just plain didn't have much to say and didn't have a lot of time to say anything even if I did. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't like being converted, but I wouldn't let being annoyed about it interfere with playing.

I think for me at least, it is more a mix of busy and loss of interest in certain games once you see what they are about. My give a damn significantly drops in a game where there are 37372 different groups and way too many roles with excessive abilities. I'm sure at least one other person agrees with me. But to each their own.

I'm the other person!

I did not tell them anything. I fell for it.

I didn't see you tell me you had 'stolen' a conversion.... I probably missed that somewhere. I just saw that I was added to the traitorous wolf thread and took it at face value.

Honestly, people REALLY REALLY REALLY over-interpret 'quiet' or 'not playing normally' - at least when assessing people who are in busy phases of life. I don't have the time to rip apart every post or PM or write-up (especially in the games with mods who like long write-ups -- cool reads, but tl;dr). I was quiet because I just plain didn't have much to say and didn't have a lot of time to say anything even if I did. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't like being converted, but I wouldn't let being annoyed about it interfere with playing.
haha. LOL.

I am so happy that worked.

You weren't ADDED to the traiterous wolf thread. I MADE up a new thread just for you. If you check back, you will see there were no posts before you were converted. I added STL (he is the mod), and got permission to add DocE just to mess with you.

That was fun, dare I say....... legendary.

This game was so intricate and very confusing to follow. But I think that's a good thing!! Sad I died so early and that the villagers didn't lynch the wolf at the end. :(

I couldn't figure out why it wasn't obvious to lynch Caia and SOV towards the end. I was also annoyed that after Hammer & I were both dead, he kept telling me (IRL) SOV, dy, and DocE were wolves. He had no info, but those were his instincts. If only he used his one kill on one of them instead of ashgirl.

I couldn't figure out why it wasn't obvious to lynch Caia and SOV towards the end. I was also annoyed that after Hammer & I were both dead, he kept telling me (IRL) SOV, dy, and DocE were wolves. He had no info, but those were his instincts. If only he used his one kill on one of them instead of ashgirl.
MJ and I were bashing our heads into everything about Caia not getting lynched immediately after she was rezzed. Arg.
Your noob has good instincts though ;)

I think it's cause no one was really around, honestly.

Yeah, spring break interfered a bit for me, I think the game nearly ended yesterday because I missed checking in Monday (would have blocked you if I had) and nearly missed Tuesday (I think the game would have ended if I hadn't blocked you then). What happened yesterday night when there were no actions?

I'm not convinced me being alive really had much impact on the game though. The only factors at that point were who Ashgirl was siding with and whether the villagers would lynch SOV or not.
I can't remember things well enough to think of the situation where the villagers would have been in a better spot to win....I don't remember what villagers were left when you were rezzed lol I'm just saying in the moment, without the foreknowledge of what was going on, it seemed ridiculous that you weren't being lynched earlier