HPSP computer rental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dok2B

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

Do you know a company that will rent computers that meets HPSP guidelines? I tried Cambridge Computers but did not hear back after 4 attempts. Do you know of other companies?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, keep trying?. Did you send an emails or did you call? I used them and so far everything has worked great with them.

Likewise. . . they've been very helpful to this point (though I haven't signed a lease or gotten a computer or been reimbursed by .mil yet. . .)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. It's unbelievable how hard it is. I gave up and bought myself an iPad with keyboard and case. I wanted to find a local electronics store to buy the products and rent them to me so that I could be reimbursed... ugh. I would have paid 1st and last years rent at time of purchase ($1,000 for $800 worth of electonics!). That's me paying $200 for easily reimbursable receipts.

Hi all:

Do you know a company that will rent computers that meets HPSP guidelines? I tried Cambridge Computers but did not hear back after 4 attempts. Do you know of other companies?

Thanks!

If youre still having trouble I highly recommend you check out patriotpcrentals.com . I had a computer ordered within 5 minutes of going to the site and was at my doorstep a few days later.

Hey! I had the same trouble with Cambridge Computers--no answer, and limited product listed. I thought about PatriotPCRentals, but it looks like it's being run by an individual and "under the table." I can't imagine Apple or Microsoft would allow their products to be hawked from a third party site.

I went with: www.HPSPrentals.com and for a 4 year lease package I got a Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus. Reimbursement came pretty quickly (Navy), and the paperwork was manageable. One caveat with HPSPRentals is that they finance the product through a one-time payment- Let's hope you haven't already spent your commissioning bonus.

See email from the woman I worked with below:

"Newly commissioned HPSP Officers,

We are HPSP Rentals, LLC, a new small business created out of a need within the Military/DoD community for practical, affordable computer and technology rentals. Please check us out at www.HPSPRentals.com and consider signing a lease contract with us. We aim to work within the guaranteed pay structure of government employees and students to provide the most possible hardware for the lowest price.

Our company has been operating just over one fiscal year, and we have successfully processed contracts for Army, Navy, and Air Force HPSP students. The HPSP includes technology needs as a reimbursable cost of education, and we want to provide hassle-free electronics and documents for you.

Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected], or contact me (Rikki Winters) directly through the information provided on our website. As we are a small business, and the academic year is soon to begin, we anticipate a large volume of orders. Thank you in advance for your patience.

V/R,

Rikki Winters, Co-Founder
HPSP Rentals, LLC"

I'm happy to answer questions about the product selection and leasing experience. I have to admit (though I also am just grateful that HPSP Rentals got me a laptop) that by providing "customer testimonial" I am working towards receiving my used device at the termination of the contract.