HPSP Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edcampbe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in receiving a 4-year HPSP scholarship through any branch of the military. I have a 3.58 cGPA and 21 AA, 21 PAT, 20 TS on the DAT (no section under 20). My application for dental school has already been submitted. When should I start the application process? Who should I contact? I am a little over the max weight standards for the military right now, will this inhibit me from starting the application process for the HPSP? When would I have to meet weight standards? Any information would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I am very interested in receiving a 4-year HPSP scholarship through any branch of the military. I have a 3.58 cGPA and 21 AA, 21 PAT, 20 TS on the DAT (no section under 20). My application for dental school has already been submitted. When should I start the application process? Who should I contact? I am a little over the max weight standards for the military right now, will this inhibit me from starting the application process for the HPSP? When would I have to meet weight standards? Any information would be much appreciated.

Start meeting with the recruiter for the service you want to join now. The process can sometimes take several weeks/months. The first selections for the 4 yr scholarship can occur once you have a letter of acceptance from a dental school after 1 Dec.
The weight thing will stop your application. When they do the physical that will be something they look for. Each service has different weight requirements that you can find if you google search.