All Branch Topic (ABT) HPSP Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blue Blood

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So is it too late to get the ball rolling for a 4 year HPSP scholarship (specifically army and airforce)?

I've been toying with the idea for a long time (I'm fine with the military, I've always wanted to serve, but my SO showed some reluctance)?

Not sure if this would matter but I would need 2 or 3 medical waivers (I.e. childhood history kinds of things and a small GERD problem that is easily controlled)?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you really are set on going HPSP and getting the four-year scholarship, need to start right now. As an open a new tab on your web browser and do a search for recruiters and start making phone calls. You're not committed to anything until you sign a contract – which would not happen until several months from now anyway.

Yes, get cranking now if you want to apply. Then stop, take a deep breath, and read this forum thoroughly to get an idea as to what you are in store for. There is a lot of good info here, outlining the good, the bad, and the career-crushingly ugly that comes with milmed. This is not something to rush into until you understand and accept the loss of control over your career, which you are not in a position to truly appreciate as an accepted pre-med.