hSDN Class of 2012

trying-to-take-a-nap-cant-sleep-maid-vacuming.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

I already have decided. Lofting the bed, getting a lazyboi for shore for college

Members don't see this ad :)
Lofting is the only way to go. I visited my dorm last week, and was assigned a room mate.

Already? We find out who we're with not until June or July.

Ditto that, we don't find out until June or July either I think... I'm going to commute (yayyy for saving money) and thus didn't pay a ton of attention to the room/board info sheet haha, so I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I wish someone would post something interesting in hsdn... Every thread is about choosing one college over another, which I think is stupid, because I don't want anonymous Internet peeps to choose where I'm going to spend the next four years of my life; that's my decision. That Caribbean thread is nothing but a failure to use the search function; I'm surprised that it has so many replies...

I wish someone would post something interesting in hsdn... Every thread is about choosing one college over another, which I think is stupid, because I don't want anonymous Internet peeps to choose where I'm going to spend the next four years of my life; that's my decision. That Caribbean thread is nothing but a failure to use the search function; I'm surprised that it has so many replies...

jn.gif

Glad I'm not the only one who's a little tired of all the college threads. Though I must say, I have found the Caribbean thread to be pretty interesting.

Excellent work, sir. :thumbup:

Just went through FAFSA's counseling online session, and I barely have an idea about what I just read. Hopefully that is to be expected.

Because of this I now just mostly stalk the Emergency Medicine forum.

Dear Lord, I just realized we're just becoming another College Confidential-type site. Next thing you know, we'll have kids asking whether they should take neurobiology or biochemistry in freshman year during high school to impress medical schools. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a bit early, but I entered through an early acceptance program and shtuff.

Do you guys have any thoughts on work study? If I combine that with the scholarships I have now I could go tuition free. So conflicted inside though.... :confused:

Cee, I didn't receive work-study, so I'm not sure. Tuition free sounds great, but I guess it depends on how much you end up saving in the end. Can't really help you.

We had the weirdest assembly at our school today with the superintendent. It was only for the seniors. I'm just going to summarize what he said.
1) We're going to make a time capsule that will be opened in 50 years. As you may guess, my first concern when I'm 68 is what was in my high school time capsule.
2) He will text his graduation speech to us instead (or in addition to, I really didn't pay that much attention) of saying it at the graduation ceremony. He wants us to give him our cell phone numbers so he can text it to us. Still debating whether his speech is worth taking the risk of him having my cell.
3) He is going to make a movie about the senior class to show (basically as an advertisement to parents next year). He will randomly walk into classes and take pictures. He said that his goal is to get everyone on camera. So, once again, challenge accepted.
4) He wants our best school memory for the film. Don't know whether I should actually think of something or just say when I get to leave.

Don't know whether he is hitting a mid-life crisis and is trying to be cool, or if he is just going insane. Either way, we were left to wonder what the heck he was thinking.

Haha, that's funny. Our principal had the entire school do a "lip-dub". I skipped it, so it was pretty bad.

It is a bit early, but I entered through an early acceptance program and shtuff.

Do you guys have any thoughts on work study? If I combine that with the scholarships I have now I could go tuition free. So conflicted inside though.... :confused:

If I were in your shoes I would probably go for it. I doubt it would be a blast, but it's hard to resist free tuition too. I received work-study from one of the schools I applied to. It wasn't for that much, but it would have helped some had I decided to go there.

2) He will text his graduation speech to us instead (or in addition to, I really didn't pay that much attention) of saying it at the graduation ceremony. He wants us to give him our cell phone numbers so he can text it to us. Still debating whether his speech is worth taking the risk of him having my cell.

Hahaha, wow. That's pretty funny. Next year he'll probably tweet it. :)

Thanks for the advice guys. I took it, because there are some positions open in the Chem department, and I have a decent shot of snagging one.

AHMD: I would be reluctant to give my phone # out as well. Our principal is famous for hitting up college seniors to come back and tell the high schoolers about there colleges/careers.

Thanks for the advice guys. I took it, because there are some positions open in the Chem department, and I have a decent shot of snagging one.

AHMD: I would be reluctant to give my phone # out as well. Our principal is famous for hitting up college seniors to come back and tell the high schoolers about there colleges/careers.

I know. During the assembly, he promised us that he wouldn't sell our numbers. My first thought was, "That isn't my main issue."

Mother of pearl.
I used the wrong 'there' in my last post. I am going to leave that post grammaticaly incorrect as a monument to my own fallibility.
And because I am lazy.
But mostly, the fallibilty thing.

Mother of pearl.
I used the wrong 'there' in my last post. I am going to leave that post grammaticaly incorrect as a monument to my own fallibility.
And because I am lazy.
But mostly, the fallibilty thing.

Using the wrong form of "there/their/they're" in a post..., man I hope that neither myself nor my family ever has to see you, because you'll make a terrible doctor.

Using the wrong form of "there/their/they're" in a post..., man I hope that neither myself nor my family ever has to see you, because you'll make a terrible doctor.

Iknowrite?
I have switched my major to 'Custodial Engineer', and I am currently assembling my stuffed squirrel army.

Iknowrite?
I have switched my major to 'Custodial Engineer', and I am currently assembling my stuffed squirrel army.

Wow, you haven't even finished your squirrel army yet? I hope you don't clean any floor I walk on, because you're going to be a terrible janitor.

Edgar Allen Poe scares me, but most alcoholic wife-beaters do.

Wow, you haven't even finished your squirrel army yet? I hope you don't clean any floor I walk on, because you're going to be a terrible janitor.

You're what we call a 'goner'. Just kidding, there is nothing on this clipboard.

Oh, Janitor.

You guys are wusses, it looks so good! Screw the lucky one btw, it's not even worth my time to capitalize it.

:eek: ! You have no soul. D: Not that I really have much of a right to be indignant, I haven't seen it yet. XD

(I actually kinda want to see it, just trying to conserve my manliness) That's right, I'm soulless!

So I'm totally taking the college Jeopardy online test tonight :D I don't know if I'm actually eligible since I'm not in college right now, but I will be by the time they would film, so I decided to go for it just for kicks and giggles.

Ceph: Ooh, how did it go?

INS: I feel I can appreciate EAP's writing without watching the movie. The only historical movie I currently want to see is 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter'.

PeterC: Lol. Probably true... But I can dial for hospital security so quickly it makes a speeding photon weep.

I survived! :p It was pretty intense though, you got 15 seconds per question and there were 50 questions. Talk about fast and furious. I doubt anything will come of it, I had no idea on a decent smattering of the questions haha, but if nothing else it was fun to give it a whirl :)

I'm sure you did quite well. So the test is under game-ish conditions? Interesting...

Sucked it up at state quiz bowl. We're good, but as a team that meets once a week (I don't even go because of college), We can't compete against people who devote every day/an entire class to it

Alskdfjalkjsdfx. I've been hanging out in the pre-vet forum a lot more lately for that reason. :p I haven't really posted in there yet though... I mean, I'll officially be pre-vet in just a few months, but until I actually start undergrad I don't feel like I should. Have you guys posted in pre-allo at all yet? Am I just over thinking this? :p

Alskdfjalkjsdfx. I've been hanging out in the pre-vet forum a lot more lately for that reason. :p I haven't really posted in there yet though... I mean, I'll officially be pre-vet in just a few months, but until I actually start undergrad I don't feel like I should. Have you guys posted in pre-allo at all yet? Am I just over thinking this? :p

Will probably wait until I'm actually in college to post in that. Would rather wait for the change in classes than post now, which mostly has med school admissions in it right now.

On my side: Graduation is now only five weeks away (classes for four weeks). Learned that a few of my friends going to UVM, which is only a town away from Saint Mike's. Will be nice having some familiar faces nearby while having a completely new start on campus.

Now I'm starting to get ready for all of my graduation stuff. Have my parents asking me for graduation gift ideas (have no idea). Will be a hectic May for me.