hSDN Class of 2012

Taking AP Chemistry with other school requirements. I'm debating between University of Vermont, St. Michaels College, or UMass Amherst (my state school, which I'm considering because of the low tuition). I'm planning to major in something involving the sciences, maybe biology or chemistry.

I'm really interested in becoming a doctor (likely a pediatrician). I'm doing pretty good right now, and I can't wait for senior year to begin!
jh2.jpg

2.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to SDN, and congrats on the acceptances and scholarships! What's your top choice so far?

Thank you!

And as of this moment, if I don't get accepted to my ED school or BS/MD programs, my heart has been with Pitt (even before the scholarship news). We will see, though.

Accepted to my state schools today! December 23rd cannot get here fast enough...

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking AP calc, english, and chem. Already have chem homework :mad:. My three schools that I would like to go to are Princeton, UMich, and UNL (State school). I honestly have no idea what I want to major in, but I'm leaning towards chemistry.

I'd like to be a physician, or perhaps medical research, but hey, we still have five years right?
jh2.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

...why?

Hello friends :) How's everyone been doing? Sorry I haven't been around for quite some time, college apps and school have pretty much swamped my brain.

As for me, I've been accepted to 3 of my schools so far, waiting to hear from 2 and still in the process of applying to another 2. :thumbup:

...On a non-academic note, I also just got an iPhone4s and I am madly in love with it. :D

Hello friends :) How's everyone been doing? Sorry I haven't been around for quite some time, college apps and school have pretty much swamped my brain.

As for me, I've been accepted to 3 of my schools so far, waiting to hear from 2 and still in the process of applying to another 2. :thumbup:

...On a non-academic note, I also just got an iPhone4s and I am madly in love with it. :D

Doing pretty well, and by well I mean stressing my brains out because U Mich releases its decisions by the 23rd, and I've been checking my email at least twice a day, even though they didn't start coming out until the 17th last year. Also senioritis is hitting pretty hard.

So far I have gotten accepted into both of my state schools, and am taking Bio 103 up at the college this spring.

Congrats on your acceptances, and I want an iPhone so bad....:mad:.

Well, off to check my email... :)

Hey guys. Going okay. AP Chemistry has been challenging, but I'm passing and loving it. I hear what you mean about the college apps and school. Chemistry and pre-calc are the only things stopping a case of senioritis for me. Have acceptances from UVM and Saint Anselm so far. My top choice, Saint Mike's, doesn't release until December 16th. Can't wait for the time to pass. Also got a iPhone 4S to replace my 3GS. Love the clarity of the new phone, although I can't speak about Siri since I really haven't used it.

GammaKnife, good luck with Michigan! The time will pass before you know it.

I hope so, the main thing is that the rate at which I think I wont get in is increasing exponentially each day.

Also, am I the only class of 2012er without an iPhone?

I hope so, the main thing is that the rate at which I think I wont get in is increasing exponentially each day.

Also, am I the only class of 2012er without an iPhone?

I don't have an iPhone, I got this slider phone from like three years ago. I get an upgrade in January. =D

Just got accepted to Campbell for Pre-Pharmacy yesterday, but all the gloom and doom in the Pharmacy forum has me wondering if I should switch to Pre-Medicine or even Pre-PA. After all, I'd like to have a job when I graduate and it seems to be the pharmacist's lament that the field's saturated already without the influx of graduates.

What fields are you all planning to go into?

I don't have an iPhone, I got this slider phone from like three years ago. I get an upgrade in January. =D

Just got accepted to Campbell for Pre-Pharmacy yesterday, but all the gloom and doom in the Pharmacy forum has me wondering if I should switch to Pre-Medicine or even Pre-PA. After all, I'd like to have a job when I graduate and it seems to be the pharmacist's lament that the field's saturated already without the influx of graduates.

Probably medicine, but I'm trying to keep my options open. Are the pre reqs for pharm and med similar? I have no clue but if they are, you could always take the classes and tests for both.

Probably medicine, but I'm trying to keep my options open. Are the pre reqs for pharm and med similar? I have no clue but if they are, you could always take the classes and tests for both.
I've heard that they are mostly similar, but at Campbell Pre-Pharmacy is a 2-year thing and a zipline to their Pharmacy school. So, I could do Pre-Professional Biology.

So, how're you? I got this terrible sinus headache and I've been coughing like the diphtheria-stricken girl from Balto. x/

I've heard that they are mostly similar, but at Campbell Pre-Pharmacy is a 2-year thing and a zipline to their Pharmacy school. So, I could do Pre-Professional Biology.

So, how're you? I got this terrible sinus headache and I've been coughing like the diphtheria-stricken girl from Balto. x/

Oh, didn't know it was a two year thing. If you're 100% sure you want to do pharm then go for it. If not, I'd look at going the traditional route.

Well, I just got a typhoid shot and am taking malaria medication because I'm going to Haiti over Christmas. Also, I loved that movie. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So nervous right now... I've been hearing that decisions for U Mich come out anywhere between Tuesday and next Friday. :scared:

Oh, didn't know it was a two year thing. If you're 100% sure you want to do pharm then go for it. If not, I'd look at going the traditional route.

Well, I just got a typhoid shot and am taking malaria medication because I'm going to Haiti over Christmas. Also, I loved that movie. :)

You're going to Haiti? Congratulations!

I remember it vividly, that movie. I loved it as a kid because I thought Balto was pretty BA.

I agree with GammaKnife. Make sure you are committed to pharmacy if you decide to go for the 2-year program. If not, I would just go with the safe route of getting a bachelors and then applying to post-graduate schools.

GammaKnife, hopefully UM's decisions come out sooner rather than later. I wouldn't worry much, though (easier said than done, I know). Congrats on going to Haiti (what for, by the way?) Reminds me of my 8th-grade history teacher. She always went on weird trips around the holidays. When I was in her class, she went to Antarctica. The following year, she went to some rainforest and caught yellow fever. Very odd person, I admit.

On my front, we're working on intermolecular forces right now in AP Chemistry. Saint Michaels' mails their decisions on Friday, so I can't wait to get the letter in the mail. Have only two weeks in Anatomy and Physiology left, even though the semester ends in mid-January. Good luck to everyone as decisions start coming in!

Veterinary medicine. :thumbup: Madly in love with that field.

Haha, your 8th grade teacher sounds pretty sweet. If I had infinite monetary resources, I would love to go on a big long trip of traveling the world. Minus the yellow fever bit though. ;)

Last edited:
We're building an orphanage in Haiti, and I'm going there to help with the project/meet some orphans.

We just finished nuclear chem (final unit), and have the final next Wednesday. My teacher teaches the basics of orgo during the last week so we have a little exposure to the class.

I really hope they come out soon. I'm trying not to worry, but I'm checking my email every two hours. I'd honestly rather get rejected than deferred though. I can't stand the waiting.

Haha, I feel your pain. I hate waiting too. I'd be astonished if you didn't get into UMich though, from what little I know about you from SDN :p Best of luck to you!

Update on my college adventures: 4 acceptances in, waiting to hear from 1, still in the process of applying to 2. And digging into honors program apps. Oh what fun. :smuggrin: It is exciting, but I cannot say that I will be sorry to have this entire application process over with. ;)

I am very impatient, I hate waiting. I got two other state schools pending, but if Campbell took me, I don't think that they'll snub me. That and I was accepted in my back-up college, the local community one.

But pre-professional Biology sounds like a much better idea. =)

And just think, if they do reject you (which I doubt), you can just send a letter saying, "by the way, did I mention I built an orphanage in Haiti for little children?" :)

Michigan just sent me the "get ready for a decision" email. I'm excited, but I think I'll be okay with not getting in. Just aced THE calc exam, a class that I've been struggling in a bit, I'm going to Haiti soon, and I'm doing great in chem. I don't think that one rejection can take away this great week. Anyways, thanks for all of the positive feedback. It means a lot, I've really been stressing out about this.:)

Edit: Although, an acceptance would be the perfect end to this amazing week :D.

Michigan just sent me the "get ready for a decision" email. I'm excited, but I think I'll be okay with not getting in. Just aced THE calc exam, a class that I've been struggling in a bit, I'm going to Haiti soon, and I'm doing great in chem. I don't think that one rejection can take away this great week. Anyways, thanks for all of the positive feedback. It means a lot, I've really been stressing out about this.:)

Edit: Although, an acceptance would be the perfect end to this amazing week :D.

Do you get the decision by e-mail or through letter? Hopefully you get it sooner rather than later. Congrats on your calc exam and chemistry class. We have the last test before break coming up on Monday, and it's on IMF's. A nice grade on that would be a nice way to end AP Chem before the holidays. Good luck with Michigan!

Saint Michael's supposed to mail their letters tomorrow, although I'm hoping they mail a day early. I can't wait to get a decision in the mail (hopefully an acceptance, though).

Have you done Atomic Theory yet? That was probably my favorite section of chem. Also, good luck with Saint Michael's. :)

Michigan notifies everyone by email, and those who are accepted get a letter a few days later. I'm hoping for late in the day tomorrow, because that's when they sent them out last year, and I heard they send deferred decisions first.

We did that a little while ago. Let us know what happens with UMichigan.

Went and watched Sherlock Holmes 2 (great movie), got home ~20 minutes ago. Checked email - Accepted!

Went and watched Sherlock Holmes 2 (great movie), got home ~20 minutes ago. Checked email - Accepted!

My best friend is going to see that movie today, it's nice to hear that it's not bad.

Congratulations on your acceptances, everyone!

It hasn't been too long, guys, it's the first business day since the 17th. I literally got my acceptance 9 days after it was mailed, so it's the postal system.

You two should be fine. =D

:cool:
Thank you!

And as of this moment, if I don't get accepted to my ED school or BS/MD programs, my heart has been with Pitt (even before the scholarship news). We will see, though.

I just graduated from Pitt this past May on a full tuition scholarship. Best decision I've ever made. It saves you SO much money which is hard to realize how unbelievably valuble that is until you're applying for med school. Pitt is an awesome school too!

Ranked 1/450
2270 SAT

Rutgers '16 (full ride) :thumbup:
Possible Major: Economics
Minor: Biochem

Possible Surgeon, Internist, MD/PhD

Saint Mikes: Accepted! With a scholarship too!

Now that I think we've all been accepted to our top choices, I think this GIF is appropriate.

tumblr_lvud2x26sk1qbinl1.gif

Last edited:
Congrats everyone!

ACS final for chem tomorrow :scared:. Oh well... I can get a 69% and still get an A, but still... It's gonna blow.

Shouldn't this thread title have anywhere between 12 to 41 exclamation points in it?
jh2.jpg

22.jpg

6.jpg

Who do you think we are, over excited undergrad students? xD

Congrats to the both of you, and that ACS Chemistry final sounds like it's going to be a jerk. I take AP Chemistry next semester. I can only hope my teacher doesn't do that to me.

On an unrelated note, I've finally grown some stones about what I want to do and I think that I want to be a physician. =)

ACS Final? Is it from the ACS directly?

Yep, just took it today.... Not to sure about it... Oh well.

@ Conflagration - If your school offers AP chem dual enrollment, you have to take the ACS final. Also, there has been a guy who has been posting my old posts, and then there are always 2 broken links... weird.:shrug:

Yep, just took it today.... Not to sure about it... Oh well.

@ Conflagration - If your school offers AP chem dual enrollment, you have to take the ACS final. Also, there has been a guy who has been posting my old posts, and then there are always 2 broken links... weird.:shrug:

Oh, my AP class isn't a part of dual enrollment. So I may be saved. xD

I noticed that guy! I don't know why he's doing that. It's a bit odd to say the least...

Oh, my AP class isn't a part of dual enrollment. So I may be saved. xD

I noticed that guy! I don't know why he's doing that. It's a bit odd to say the least...

Probably a spammer or something. He copied one of my posts. When I first read it, I thought, "Wow. Someone else is thinking about Saint Michael's." Then I read on and thought, "Wow. Someone doesn't have a life."

Question for you guys. Are any of you considering the Honors Program at the college you're going to? I received something in the mail from the SMC program, but I'm debating whether to do it. It would be worth it because you can join Honors Housing and take smaller and tougher classes, but would probably be tougher and take up more of my time.

Probably a spammer or something. He copied one of my posts. When I first read it, I thought, "Wow. Someone else is thinking about Saint Michael's." Then I read on and thought, "Wow. Someone doesn't have a life."

Question for you guys. Are any of you considering the Honors Program at the college you're going to? I received something in the mail from the SMC program, but I'm debating whether to do it. It would be worth it because you can join Honors Housing and take smaller and tougher classes, but would probably be tougher and take up more of my time.

I've considered it, but I don't know if I'd do it or not. I think I may shy away from it and use that time to buff my GPA or look for some clinical volunteering hours.

I'm currently torn between whether or not I'm going to go to UNL or UMich. If I go to UNL, I'll do the Honor's Program. If I go to UMich, probably not.

Yep. I enjoy a good challenge. :) Of course, if it ends up being a threat to my GPA I'll have to reconsider, but I definitely plan on starting out in an Honors Program and seeing how things go.

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas, everyone. =D

Hello, all! Sorry I've neglected posting lately; I've been busy being lazy!

Scholarship update: Full tuition scholarship, $10,000 extra, and honors college at the University of Alabama.

I'm quite excited, needless to say! It's going to be a crimson-and-white Christmas at my house!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Eid Mubarak, and season's greetings to all of you; here's hoping your holiday season and the rest of your academic year be blessed with success and happiness! Five months to go, guys!