http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=5469097#post5469097

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhu1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe someone at SGU he has a site and updates that weekly about SGU, and I guess he was called djsilva????? ...

does anyone his weblog address

Members don't see this ad.

he goes to CMU now. His weblog can be found on the CMU forums of ValueMD.

Members don't see this ad :)
My curiosity was piqued by this thread.

His blog is at http://djsilva.blogspot.com

It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. :scared:

It appears he transferred from SGU to CMU on May 21 2007, apparently at 3AM.

Here is an exerpt from his May 22 blog entry explaining this decision:

I am pretty sure very soon CMU will be at least the 3rd best med school in the Caribbean, and the "Big 4" will probably be extended to the "Big 5". The tuition and board is also so cheap, that I wonder what I was paying for at SGU and not having any flat-panel TV and no DirectTV! No Vonage phone, no free cell phone, nothing except free 20 page printing limit every day! But I really like SGU too and am glad to have left there on good terms and at the right time...my experience there was getting pretty much saturated, and I think I basically took advantage of everything I could there! So it's all good. And yes, I hope to have a popcorn-theme party (like a pizza party but with popcorn) and call it.."Let's Get it Poppin!" Holla! Netherlands Antilles, baby!!!

This is because this school is investing a ton of money on the students, and because we have an island that is equal to St. Maarten. In addition, all of the cores are going to be at ACGME Green Book Sites, and we can do electives even in India if we want. Also, there are like 5 competing vendors who make vegetarian (and non-veg if you want) Indian food to bring to campus or to the dorms. They also have laundry and maid service here in the dorm too.

I expect he will be doing his electives in India.

My curiosity was piqued by this thread.

His blog is at http://djsilva.blogspot.com

It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. :scared:

It appears he transferred from SGU to CMU on May 21 2007, apparently at 3AM.

I expect he will be doing his electives in India.

Something tells me he is not going to get any type of MD unless he pays for it in India.

There is a reason why he ended up at a Carib school and it looks like he has not learned his lesson.

He might be a great DJ (and wears funny glasses) but not everyone should be a physician.

Ha... CMU... "Big 5"

Ha... CMU... "Big 5"

As much as I love Metalocalypse, that Carl avatar was more kickass with your username:)

And about the CMU thing, who in the world wants to be the first semester students at a brand new school with no state approval?

As much as I love Metalocalypse, that Carl avatar was more kickass with your username:)

Hmm, yeah I wasn't sure about my choice to switch from Carl to Murderface... looks like the feedback says I picked wrong. I will seriously consider switching back now.

Hmm, yeah I wasn't sure about my choice to switch from Carl to Murderface... looks like the feedback says I picked wrong. I will seriously consider switching back now.

I actually prefer Pickles over Murderface but at least there are other fans out there.

But Carl kills me every time...lol

From dj $ivas site:

"This is the brand new official dj $iva web site, released in December 2005. People from all over the world have asked for it, so here it is! Now ladies, you too can add your own thoughts/ideas/comments, and love questions for dj $iva to answer! Until then, look for me in the new series of Coke commercials in a theatre near you! -$-"

We had a couple of guys similar to this at Ross. It was great.The best part would be the "what up thug?" embraces on the way into lecture, and the one dude who used to flash chicks, cause "they into that fool" and he was the real "G unit".Nevermind the fact that the dudes name might as well have been Ted or Sanjay from the midwest. I think dudes like this need to get their recognition, and should be added as the 13th type of medstudent.

http://theunderweardrawer.homestead.com/twelvemedstudents.html

Note: the title "Questionable admission" is already in use.

From dj $ivas site:

"This is the brand new official dj $iva web site, released in December 2005. People from all over the world have asked for it, so here it is! Now ladies, you too can add your own thoughts/ideas/comments, and love questions for dj $iva to answer! Until then, look for me in the new series of Coke commercials in a theatre near you! -$-"

We had a couple of guys similar to this at Ross. It was great.The best part would be the "what up thug?" embraces on the way into lecture, and the one dude who used to flash chicks, cause "they into that fool" and he was the real "G unit".Nevermind the fact that the dudes name might as well have been Ted or Sanjay from the midwest. I think dudes like this need to get their recognition, and should be added as the 13th type of medstudent.

http://theunderweardrawer.homestead.com/twelvemedstudents.html

Note: the title "Questionable admission" is already in use.

Lol haven't seen this linked here in a while... a couple of them are good. I especially like "clenched buttocks of anality," haha.

I actually just went through the scutmonkey archives again a couple days ago. Always funny.

Bump total here, but DJ told us 2 weeks ago that:

09 October 2007 -- The interesting thing about Medicine is that basically anyone can do it. It is somewhat unique in that regard, because literally anybody can do it. It’s not like Engineering, Art, Music, Architecture, etc. in the sense that it doesn’t require a special knack or even a special drive or appreciation, but rather it requires, more than anything, endurance. Basically, if you stick with it long enough, like it or not, you will be a doctor!

(pointless paragraph removed here)

Another cool thing about Medicine is that if you have enough money, you can basically mold anyone to become a doctor. I mean if it’s not U.S. M.D., it’s U.S. D.O., or Caribbean M.D., or for the real strategic ones, skipping college to go to a European or Indian Medical Program that lasts for 6 years, instead of going to a 4 year program after graduating from college.

And now:

18 October 2007 -- Holla! Yeah, so basically, I took a leave of absence from school and back to getting influenced by MTV. -$-

I guess he either didn't have the endurance, or ran out of money. Or both.

haha..great detecive work.

This guy's blog is like a slow-motion train wreck.

Bump total here, but DJ told us 2 weeks ago that:

And now:

I guess he either didn't have the endurance, or ran out of money. Or both.

Yeah I read that today, this guy praised and then cause of his cheerleading for CMU started the "Derailment" of the school, now VMD closed the CMU forum but the school website is still accepting students for Jan 08?

OMG all this and still no charter? No IMED? :scared: