Human Biology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkishking

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently I've been selecting courses to take next semester. Unfortunately, I cannot take Cell Bio or any other bio due to the fact that everything is full. I do not want to go a semester without taking Bio, and I talked to the pre-med adviser and she told me Human Bio is more for education majors, and it won't prepare me for anything, and she doesn't recommend it. Let's say I do take it, would it count under BCPM course even though it's intended for education majors?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no reason to take this class. It is literally a condensed regurgitation of what you learned in general biology.

If all other bio classes are full, start on your other sciences.

Yes it will count as a BCPM class if its offered by your bio department. Nice way to pad your sGPA. It wont hurt so long as you show stellar performance in the real prereqs. However it sounds like it will be a giant waste of your time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out Ecology is the only other option.

You could email professors to see if they will bump you into Cell or another bio class. Or just take a different class that you need. If you don't want to "go a semester without taking Bio," take biochem or a social science class that involves biology (cognitive psych, physical anthropology, social determinants of health). You could always get involved with bio research, too.