Human brain colouring book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr2bme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive heard its worth it for the neuroanatomy class.

What does SDN think about this book?

Is this book available in the pdf version online? Where can I find this book?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan anatomy coloring book
Neuroanatomy coloring book
Physiology coloring book
micro coloring book

Has anyone used them? I know they sound very childish but Ive tried kaplan to learn basic anatomy and since im a visual learner, I think it was beneficial. I wonder about the other books.

Waiting for ur reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks man, atleast you answered !

Im refering to this neuroanatomy coloring book.

All of these "coloring books" are a waste of time and efficiency. Get a big white board (someone recommended shower board), stick it in your room and make your own diagrams with dry erase markers. with those books, you spend all of that time coloring (something you should have learned in primary school) when you could actually be learning the anatomy and pathways.

I loved using coloring books. I used the Anatomy Coloring Book for Anatomy, and then the Human Brain Coloring Book for neuro. I thought they were both really helpful (although the anatomy one is much better). You have to color with intention though, you can't just color and not think about it for it to be useful.

The Brain book is great because it has progressive sections of the brain, and repeating coloring the same thing with slight changes was helpful. I also diagramed a lot myself, but having it all there, including the tracts, was great. I annotated the diagrams/changed them a lot more in the brain book (there were some differences compared to what my course director/another book said), which was almost as useful as coloring.

If you hear "coloring book" and think "wow, that would be a great learning tool" then it's probably right for you... although I would say that most people thought I was crazy for doing it... whatever works, though, right?

You can get them online at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Coloring-Book-Wynn-Kapit/dp/0805350861

http://www.amazon.com/Human-Brain-Coloring-Book-Cos/dp/0064603067

I would also recommend a good set of 24 or more colored pencils and a sharpener :)

I loved using coloring books. I used the Anatomy Coloring Book for Anatomy, and then the Human Brain Coloring Book for neuro. I thought they were both really helpful (although the anatomy one is much better). You have to color with intention though, you can't just color and not think about it for it to be useful.

The Brain book is great because it has progressive sections of the brain, and repeating coloring the same thing with slight changes was helpful. I also diagramed a lot myself, but having it all there, including the tracts, was great. I annotated the diagrams/changed them a lot more in the brain book (there were some differences compared to what my course director/another book said), which was almost as useful as coloring.

If you hear "coloring book" and think "wow, that would be a great learning tool" then it's probably right for you... although I would say that most people thought I was crazy for doing it... whatever works, though, right?

You can get them online at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Coloring-Book-Wynn-Kapit/dp/0805350861

http://www.amazon.com/Human-Brain-Coloring-Book-Cos/dp/0064603067

I would also recommend a good set of 24 or more colored pencils and a sharpener :)

Thanks mate, thats the kind of reply I was looking for. I used one for the anatomy, it was enjoyable and I did learn better. So I thought why not try the brain coloring book and the microbiology coloring book as well.

If you are going to get a human brain coloring book I would go with the Diamond one (The Human Brain Coloring Book). Tho just an incoming med student, I was a neuro major in undergrad and that was the book that my Neuroanatomy prof recommended to us. I really liked it- and from what I could gather from looking at the various books, hers seemed to be the most comprehensive one out there and she also seems to be highly regarded within the field of neuroscience.

Thanks for the reply, although there seems to be only one 1985 edition of this book, I didnt get what you meant by the Diamond one.

Im definately getting it

If you are going to get a human brain coloring book I would go with the Diamond one (The Human Brain Coloring Book). Tho just an incoming med student, I was a neuro major in undergrad and that was the book that my Neuroanatomy prof recommended to us. I really liked it- and from what I could gather from looking at the various books, hers seemed to be the most comprehensive one out there and she also seems to be highly regarded within the field of neuroscience.

Diamond was my anatomy professor at UC Berkeley. She used to teach anatomy at UCSF :thumbup:

I'd recommend the Brainstorm program for the computer...It's amazing!!!

Reading the reviews of the Human brain coloring book, it seems its more apt for post graduate students or ones who already have the basic knowledge. It doesnot seem to be for those are taking Human Nervous System for the first time or learning neuroanatomy for the first time.

Anyone used here who feels its not for beginners?