Humor...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dotcb

---------
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.gomerblog.com/2014/12/em-physician/

Though we're paid quite nicely to do it… Add in a procedural sedation – yes please! Thank you!

And think of the dermatologist who is examining acne for their career…

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, and I hate to do this to you, and I think it's SDN's fault as I just learned this here a year or so ago, but rectal disimpaction doesn't pay...at all. You could probably bill the sedation though, but I usually don't sedate. So now, I just break it up as much as I can briefly and have the nurse give an enema. Seems to work just as well and less pain for the patient. Plus I don't spend any significant time doing it.

Actually, and I hate to do this to you, and I think it's SDN's fault as I just learned this here a year or so ago, but rectal disimpaction doesn't pay...at all. You could probably bill the sedation though, but I usually don't sedate. So now, I just break it up as much as I can briefly and have the nurse give an enema. Seems to work just as well and less pain for the patient. Plus I don't spend any significant time doing it.
Aw, man! You're taking all the "fun" outta rectally disimpactions. Lol

It's OK - my salary is enough...

It's all for the love of the game, man...

:laugh:

"You've lost, that lovin' feelin',
Whoao...."