husband and wife

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PutiTai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there are OD couples out there?

I had a convo with a OD residency student at our office, and he said that he dreads the thought of marrying an OD :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Are there are OD couples out there?

I had a convo with a OD residency student at our office, and he said that he dreads the thought of marrying an OD :laugh:

This is probably not the case for every school. But going in married, many will end up divorced. Going in single, many will end up marrying their classmates.

The two ODs I shadowed met at SCO, married shortly after and just had their 2nd baby. Oh, AND they own a practice together.

I think that'd be a bit much for me...

Members don't see this ad :)
Two of our second years are married to each other. I couldn't handle that.

Almost 50% of my class was married (or engaged) when we started school, and over half was married (or almost married) by the time we graduated. No one in my class married each other, though two dated for a while and parted amicably.

The class ahead of me had ONE couple who met and married while in school.

There was a guy in the class ahead of me who's married to a girl in the class after me.

I hear it's common for ODs to marry each other, but it wasn't commonplace at my school.

We have more than a couple couples at our school... :laugh: (By that I mean couples who were already married before starting school). A few more are now engaged to classmates.

Being married while in school is tough, but it certainly isn't impossible.

The two ODs I shadowed met at SCO, married shortly after and just had their 2nd baby. Oh, AND they own a practice together.

I think that'd be a bit much for me...

I know I'm late to this thread but I wanted to comment. My wife and I met in optometry school. We were married the week after optometry school graduation. We've worked apart and we've worked together in a clinical setting and now in a non-clinical setting. I have to say, I much prefer working with her than being apart for 10 hours a day.

She might tell you a different story though especially now that I'm the boss of her... ;)

I know I'm late to this thread but I wanted to comment. My wife and I met in optometry school. We were married the week after optometry school graduation. We've worked apart and we've worked together in a clinical setting and now in a non-clinical setting. I have to say, I much prefer working with her than being apart for 10 hours a day.

She might tell you a different story though especially now that I'm the boss of her... ;)

haha aww that's cute.

I've heard it both ways. Some couples prefer to work in different settings, because they say it gives them more to talk about when they get home from work. Most of my classmates who married optometrists ended up preferring to stay apart during work at least.

This is probably not the case for every school. But going in married, many will end up divorced. Going in single, many will end up marrying their classmates.

LOL, what the heck? This makes no sense.