Hybrid Paramedic Program. Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KD1655

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please check out this link to a NJ hybrid paramedic course offered through a local community college and NJ's largest private EMS provider.
https://www.monoc.org/education/docs/Flyer-2011 Hybrid Paramedic Program _2_.pdf

Because I am a full-time PhD student, I do not have time to complete a full-time paramedic program concurrently. However, this program seems much more manageable. I know that alot of people on this forum will be asking why a guy that is almost done with his PhD and about to apply to MD programs go to paramedic school but to tell the truth, being a paramedic is something that I have always wanted to do; I know that paramedics are not prehospital medical supermen but I feel like my accomplishments in life will not be complete unless I complete paramedic training. Call me crazy if you want but it is a passion of mine and not merely something that I am using to try to pad my MD application. I have emailed the contact on the flyer and am awaiting response.

Members don't see this ad.

Program sounds fairly similar to the one I went through. It was slightly less than 2 years start to finish, with classroom didactics (however certain classes could be completed online). I think, with the exception of the online didactic portion, this resembles most paramedic programs in the country. The ability to take most of the didactic stuff online is rather appealing though, those 3 hour nights of listening to lecture got a bit boring.

Good luck, hope its turns out good for ya

It sounds like the program in North Carolina.

Members don't see this ad :)
But it's in New Jersey, not North Carolina

Yes, KD, I think we've estabished that :)

EMS5, just wanted to make sure that our tarheel brother knew so :)