I am applying really late!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoping2makeit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have decided to go ahead a apply this cycle. Where should I apply?

3.88 cGPA
3.97 sGPA
Good ECs and LORs

MCAT in 2 weeks. Practice tests are 21 and 25.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering if this is a joke.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well that MCAT should certainly make up for your late app....

Lulz..

But seriously OP, please save your money, study hard for the MCAT, take it April/May, apply in June for next cycle. It's probably not what you want to hear, but you'll thank me later.

Reactions: 2 users

3.88 cGPA
3.97 sGPA
Good ECs and LORs

I suspect this is a troll post. If not I suggest you get everything together and apply in june for the for 2014 cycle. Goodluck!

Have you thought this through? Just draw out a simple timeline and see why it won't work.

You take your MCAT in 2 weeks. That means you would get your score back in 6 weeks from now. You would be applying end of Feb/March.

You would need to be verified and then send in your secondaries. Who interviews after March?

Some schools won't even take January MCAT scores.

Save your money and apply next cycle. It's only 5-6 months away and you would have a much bigger advantage.

If your practice tests are really 21 and 25 then I would suggest you postpone until you get to ~27.

March is the final month of interviews for 99.9% of schools so...yeah....an MCAT at the end of February will be futile if all March interview spots have been taken.

OP, call ALL the DO schools you are interested on Monday and explain that you won't get your MCAT until February. Let them know of your GPA. If they give you the OK, then submit your AACOMAS no later than Tuesday. ADCOM advise is better than SDN advice

3.88 cGPA
3.97 sGPA
Good ECs and LORs

Two reasons to not apply:

1. You won't get accepted.
2. You will have to answer the essay question about why your application is better than the previous cycle or other similar questions when you apply next year.

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of schools don't take January MCAT scores for that year's cycle, so you're already auto-rejecting yourself from places. But it's your money, if you have plenty to gamble with then by all means. But yeah, for schools you apply to now and then potentially reapply to next cycle, you'll have to answer for your reapplication.

Two reasons to not apply:

1. You won't get accepted.
2. You will have to answer the essay question about why your application is better than the previous cycle or other similar questions when you apply next year.

completely agree with #2. If you don't make it in, you'll have to answer that essay question on quite a few secondaries.

3.88 cGPA
3.97 sGPA
Good ECs and LORs

Right now, it's already extremely late and you still don't have MCAT score on hand. A score of 25 will not make your app standout at DO school at this stage.

You have a seriously good GPA that can make you competitive at top-tier MD schools. However, your MCAT is not good yet, reflected in your practice test scores. From now until June 2014, you have plenty of time to figure out how to crush the MCAT. I say you should take more time to study for the MCAT, get a good score (above 30), and apply to MD schools.

Right now, it's already extremely late and you still don't have MCAT score on hand. A score of 25 will not make your app standout at DO school at this stage.

You have a seriously good GPA that can make you competitive at top-tier MD schools. However, your MCAT is not good yet, reflected in your practice test scores. From now until June 2014, you have plenty of time to figure out how to crush the MCAT. I say you should take more time to study for the MCAT, get a good score (above 30), and apply to MD schools.

The GPA may be lower for MD schools because of the difference in calculation and including math classes for science gpa. A 21-25 mcat and trying to grab one of the last remaining seats is not going to yield a favorable outcome.