I am completely lost. I feel that my life is over and that I'm a big failure.Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1234594

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not an ADCOM but please do NOT apply with that score. You'll only be wasting your money and be a reapp for no entire reason. I'm sure the big guns will chime in so I'm not gonna say anything further.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get some professional help and if you still feel medicine is for you, you will have to retake the exam. The MCAT is just the beginning.

Step 1: get some help, quickly. You can still climb out of this hole but you need to actively seek guidance and assistance.
Step 2: realize that the average age for a 1st year student in medical school is 24, aka, even if you matriculate when you are 27, you are still only 3 years older than average.
Step 3: I would recommend taking a hiatus. Find a job in healthcare that you enjoy and work full time for a couple of years. In that time, your mcat would've expired and then you can start fresh with a retake.

Reasons for a hiatus in order of importance: you need help, you can enjoy life and find yourself again, a break from the entire process will allow you to start fresh with a new mcat and new perspective.

Alternatively, scrap medical school and look into other options. If you truly want medicine, you are years away in my opinion, given the state of your well being along with that old 18 with a 2 in VR. Not sure how forgiving schools would be even if you scored well above your first score. A 2 in any section sends off alarms, particularly if you don't have a solid reason for it.

Oh and definitely do not apply this cycle. Take your time OP, don't rush this process. I sense there is some external pressure for you to do well along with some expectations for yourself that you didn't meet. Understand that life happens, and you need a support system at this point. The rest of your application looks solid, but you need a break from even thinking about medical school. Take care of yourself first.
Th

Last edited:
First, I see that one of your biggest concerns is age. Honestly, don't worry about it. A physician's road is a long one so it doesn't matter too much whether you start at 21 or 31.

Secondly, you're concerned about where you are in relation to your peers. That's a recipe for disaster and not being happy. There will always be someone who's more successful than you. It's more important to just be you and do the things that you believe to be important.

Finally, if you still want to do medicine, PM me. I can get you the help you need for the MCAT. Also, there's no way you'll get accepted with an 18 MCAT. Not only would it be a waste of time and money, you'd be considered a reapplicant which hurts your chances even more if you decide to try again.

Reactions: 1 user
you've got to be kidding me

it seems like either multiple different people use your account or you write intricate stories on here for fun

hey, I don't blame you, I get bored too

Last edited:
Yawn.

I see.

upload_2016-7-29_23-58-59.png

upload_2016-7-29_23-59-45.png

Biology or Chemistry? Confused I am.

upload_2016-7-30_0-6-56.png

upload_2016-7-30_0-7-30.png

Impressive you jumped 2 years in age in the course of 1 year.

upload_2016-7-30_0-9-22.png

I take it your the male persona of the troll with 8 accounts?

Reactions: 6 users
Hello everyone,
Before Starting, I apologize for the long thread in advance. I am destroyed guys so please don't be too harsh. I have to let it out and I hope I can seek some help from this forum.
I am not the typical undergraduate who face some struggles in life and gets over them. I feel like my life is over as I haven't been doing anything to improve my case in the past year. I graduated with my chemistry degree this past may with a 3.75 GPA, I know, its not too high. I am a first generation student who passed through many obstacles during my undergraduate journey. I moved to the US 5 years ago and started college ( I'm a US citizen btw). When I first started college I was the motivated, full of energy student who tried to push my limits at every task I do. Even though I was in a new culture and environment, I was was able to engage myself in everything a medical school look for in an applicant. I developed my leadership skills, joined a research lab, joined several clubs, volunteered in medical and non medical events (400+ hours). On the top of that I was able to maintain a 4.0 until my junior year. I received several scholarships and awards, was assigned as a lead teacher assistant and advanced in my extracurricular. Even though English was not my first language, I never had a problem in my English classes ( received As in ENGL1&2 and american literature). All was going great until I took my MCAT in December 2014. When I first saw my score I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I received a score that I never received on a practice test. I received 18 ( 8BS, 2V yes its a 2, and 8PS). My verbal score just shattered me into pieces. How is a 2 even possible ( its a 2%). I asked for re-scoring and it didn't change. A 2 is not even a score for a 3rd language speaker.

I have never failed at something in my life and what happened next is even worse than a 2 on VR. After receiving my score I didn't have the courage or motivation to retake the test. I thought that I would postpone it for the summer of 2015 to retake it. By the time everyone was working hard to retake their test in the spring of 2015, I was depressed and started to drink and party all semester long ( I dropped two classes). The summer of 2015 came and I didn't want to apply with a 2 VR. I felt as a big failure during that time ( which I was and still) because I was 22 years old and didn't start medical school yet or even applied.

I tried to get back on track and set a goal but something unexpected happened ( btw I'm not trying to give excuses for my failure). I met a girl on campus and fell in love with her. I never loved a girl like her before so I wasted my whole year with her and don't forget the partying and drinking aspect. As a result of that, I received my first C ever in Biochem1 and dropped Biochem2 in the spring of 2016. I graduated with an honor but I think that I was the only student who was depressed, felt like a loser and wasm't happy during the ceremony. After all the hard work I did up until 2015, I became the biggest loser of premeds at age of 23, I didn't retake my MCAT, brokeup with my girlfriend , ended up with three Ws and here I am today reminiscing my past.

Becoming a physician is my dream. I have worked so hard for it and I tossed it all in the trash because of a 2 VR. I don't know if I have any chance to jump back and become the person I was two years ago. I miss being the energized, motivated and bright person I was in 2014. My friend is telling me to apply this cycle with my stats. What do you guys think? Should I give it a shot? I know that there is no way I get an interview with my stats. I feel that I too old and that the train has passed me already. I am 23 and I will be 24 next year and not even in medical school. Every premed I know got somewhere or at least is in the interview process right now. I don't feel like facing my successful friends anymore. They all got somewhere even though I was the one who tutored them for ochem and physics. Some of them graduated medical school already. I don't feel like talking to my parents because I have no accomplishments so far. I am a mess.. a big 23 year old loser.

I apologize for the long thread guys, please don't be harsh, I am already destroyed. I have no one to talk to about my situation at this point and this is my last resort. Any advice is appreciated.

If you haven't realized by now, changing to private 30 seconds ago doesn't do a thing. I look forward to your next posts.

Reactions: 4 users
If you haven't realized by now, changing to private 30 seconds ago doesn't do a thing. I look forward to your next posts.

If it's the same person, this is an almost pathological level of commitment lol

Reactions: 3 users
To recap, here are your accounts:

Female Versions:
1. Bluebird07
2. 700003
3. 040111333
4. Gladiolus23
5. Tavokeri9
6. Connie95
7. Bluepeach9
8. Believe <3
9. Riya.Rhino
10. Asiandoodle (Clever, took me 5 seconds to find this one)

Male Versions:
1. Mike1234594

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 2 users
The fact that you always change to private when you get called out doesn't exactly help like you think it may...

Reactions: 1 users
Can we get a mod to do an IP ban on this turd?
Might as well ban around half the users who post threads in pre-med while they are at it. The sad part is that automatic IP filtering comes as a feature for most forum platforms I'm aware of e.g. VBulletin/Xenforo. Just came to the conclusion that if a site is not using it, then you have to live with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only OP puts in even a 1% of this effort into actually getting into medical school.

She / he has more accounts sadly, I counted >15 so far before I got bored.

Might as well ban around half the users who post threads in pre-med while they are at it. The sad part is that automatic IP filtering comes as a feature for most forum platforms I'm aware of e.g. VBulletin/Xenforo. Just came to the conclusion that if a site is not using it, then you have to live with it.

This whole thing has made me skeptical of anyone with an account from 2013/14 and no avatar. You could just be OP for all I know. Trust no one.

If only OP puts in even a 1% of this effort into actually getting into medical school.

She / he has more accounts sadly, I counted >15 so far before I got bored.
how did you even find that many!? :D

This whole thing has made me skeptical of anyone with an account from 2013/14 and no avatar. You could just be OP for all I know. Trust no one.
I had adorable animal avatars up until this past week. I'd also be more than happy to prove to an adcom of my personal failure within a Caribbean medical school program if you truly doubt that I'm as insignificant as I say that I am.

how did you even find that many!? :D

I looked for someone pathetic, and OP and their numerous personas always came up. By the way, kudos on the other variations you are using, the shift is impressive. Please continue to spend the time to build those posts up, accounts with less posts simply feels less special.

Is SDN still anti-dox? Just curious.

Sardinia is legitimate. If not, then well, I would have been a thorn in Sardinia side a long time ago.

Last edited:
I am new to SDN and do not understand why people troll like this... Isn't creating a fake thread (or I suppose in this case, multiple) a waste of time for all parties involved?

I had adorable animal avatars up until this past week. I'd also be more than happy to prove to an adcom of my personal failure within a Caribbean medical school program if you truly doubt that I'm as insignificant as I say that I am.

I think you missed my joke

Closing thread as original post has been removed and was cross-posted..

In the future, please report concerning posts and move on, and the mods will handle it. "Troll hunting" derails thread and can even be incorrect.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.