MPH I am currently reviewing student applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPHAdmissions

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am part of a team currently reviewing student applications. I have been able to match three (so far) of your profiles to the applications we have received.

Some of you have already received your acceptances to other schools. Some of you might have already committed to another school.

If you are sure you are attending a particular school, I please urge to contact the other schools and withdraw your application. We will not be offended. In contrast, we will be extremely grateful!We have hundreds of applications to look at and would rather not spend our time considering an applicant that will not attend. This gives other students a spot in the school or a place on the wait-list.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I am part of a team currently reviewing student applications. I have been able to match three (so far) of your profiles to the applications we have received.

Some of you have already received your acceptances to other schools. Some of you might have already committed to another school.

If you are sure you are attending a particular school, I please urge to contact the other schools and withdraw your application. We will not be offended. In contrast, we will be extremely grateful!We have hundreds of applications to look at and would rather not spend our time considering an applicant that will not attend. This gives other students a spot in the school or a place on the wait-list.
Since you're an adcom, may I suggest that you contact SDN and ask them to give you a faculty badge? It would be great to have a verified adcom on this forum to provide insight to new applicants. The medical forums on SDN have them and they have been immensely useful to past applicants.

Anyways, this is great advice and I strongly encourage everybody to take it (I've already begun to do it as well). The sooner you withdraw your application, the sooner people on the waitlist can be accepted.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! Maybe I will keep this in mind for Fall.

I think the most common mistakes I have seen are the following:
CV/Resumes-listing unrelated experience (worked at hot topic..)
Languages-not listing additional languages spoken (can help with GA /RA positions)
Not being direct about the specific concentration you want to enter. It's insinuated but never stated.
Letters of Rec-Your references are extremely honest, make sure they will be good and have known you well.
If you have weird grade patterns, tell us why!

Reactions: 4 users