I am new to SDN, Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MYDDSDREAM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all and may I say it is a real pleasure to have joined this forum. I have just applied to various dental schools two weeks ago, can anyone tell me how long after do schools contact their applicants. Also can anyone shed some insight on Meharry and NYU? Thankyou for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Myddsdream,

WOW, two weeks ago!!! What is your AADSAS application number? 6600? At any rate, if you just submitted your AADSAS two weeks ago, dental schools probably won't get your application until Beginning of March at the EARLIEST!! You're really cutting it close since 95% of dental schools stop accepting applications on March 15. I think that you're BIGGEST worry should be that classes will be filled by the time schools get to your application!

I submitted my AADSAS application in late Nov., and I still haven't heard from 6 out of 10 schools that I applied to! Good luck to you, my friend and welcome to "our" forum!

:cool:

WOW, I would plan on next year. In this game the early bird gets the worm. On the other hand it also depends on what kind of bird you are. If you are an Ivy Leauge, 4.0, Dental Assistant, BS with honors, 21 DAT, Kind to kids and animals, with a rich daddy kind of bird ... you might have a chance. If, on the other hand, you are a mortal, don't quit your summer job.

It took me two tries to get in and I applied in August the first time, too late for most schools. Although they put that the app deadline is in March they start interviewing in August and accept first round December 1st.

Good luck, I hope you do get in, but plan now for next year.

If your grades and dat are great, you may hear from schools early-to-mid march. I applied in mid november and got a lot of interviews. I know USC and Nova have just started filling up their classes- did you apply to either of them?

TAL444