I am sick ... please help me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nabokhednazzer

IRAQIES MADE 1st PHARMACY
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I watched very emotional and effective movie by Denzal Washington when his son "in the movie" suffering from heart failure, and the events become more sophisticated when he took hostages in the hospital to force the administration of the hospital to put his son in a list of patients whom needs for hearts, then finding a heart donor for his son because he wasn’t have enough money to put him in this list and so on... (I can't tell the entire story of the movie you have to watch it) …

But my point here is, everyone get sick so everyone must be helped and medicated … I am always thinking in the future when I am running a pharmacy so dealing with patients "especially poor individuals" how I could receive money from them??… If I don’t; I will not run a successful business and I will be broken in a few days!!!
If I receive money from them… here is an ethical problem…!!!

So I think; the best solution is a third party like insurance companies or the government makes the medications free or semi-free for all citizens …

So we can avoid any embarrassments may happens for us as a pharmacists or as a doctors or as a hospitals …

What do you think …?

Members don't see this ad.

I watched very emotional and effective movie by Denzal Washington when his son "in the movie" suffering from heart failure, and the events become more sophisticated when he took hostages in the hospital to force the administration of the hospital to put his son in a list of patients whom needs for hearts, then finding a heart donor for his son because he wasn’t have enough money to put him in this list and so on... (I can't tell the entire story of the movie you have to watch it) …

But my point here is, everyone get sick so everyone must be helped and medicated … I am always thinking in the future when I am running a pharmacy so dealing with patients "especially poor individuals" how I could receive money from them??… If I don’t; I will not run a successful business and I will be broken in a few days!!!
If I receive money from them… here is an ethical problem…!!!

So I think; the best solution is a third party like insurance companies or the government makes the medications free or semi-free for all citizens …

So we can avoid any embarrassments may happens for us as a pharmacists or as a doctors or as a hospitals …

What do you think …?

umm that's why they take money from our paychecks to pay for Medicaid, and other programs to help people who cannot afford medicines :laugh: welcome to earth or the USA.

Ethically, you can't pay for someone's medications if you are a pharmacist unless they are your family. I understand and empathize with your desire to help everyone. We all want to help people, which is why we are called to the health professions. What you can do once you are a pharmacist is get involved in groups that lobby politicians to make better laws for people and pharmacy. You can also donate your time to work at a city health office or metro health office (this can also be a way to pay back your student loans too, depending on your state). There are many ways you can use your knowledge and skills you will gain in school once you graduate to help people, especially the downtrodden. If you work for a chain you can't really do much to help. If you work for an independent, you will have a little more leeway to help people out, but it won't be everyone that walks through the door. If they can be covered by the government, let the government pay. Like you said, if you give everyone a break, you will go broke. You have to take care of your store and employees first before everything else, especially when you own it. Also, donate time and money to charitable causes. I don't mean giving the panhandler on the street a fiver and driving away feeling good about it. Give to local shelters and places that will minister to the poor. Your money and time will go further and help more people in this way.