I am so angry--HELP?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baby tooth

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so angry with the ADA Testing Services people. Seriously.

I ended up missing my exam date, which was at the end of September, and I had idiotically put in my calendar for the beginning of October. The reminder email got rerouted to my spam. Okay, that was my fault. I fully accept responsibility for that.

When I called the ADA after showing up to Prometric and being told I had no appointment for that date, they told me I could reschedule right away, no problem, I just needed to pay the 385$ again.

That's fine, I was the one who messed up anyway. Paying again to take this exam is a fair punishment. So I filled out the application and paid the fee. And they never processed my application.

Today I call and am told I will be approved, but that I need to wait for my original 6 month eligibility window to expire before I can take the exam. WTF?!? That expires at the very end of November!!! I want to take the exam ASAP! More importantly, if I missed the exam date and can't reschedule, hasn't my eligibility already effectively expired?

Any advice on dealing with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really sorry that you're going through this..
but realistically, I do not know if any of us can do anything to help you out.

All you can do is to try and sort it out with ADA/Prometric and see if you can make anything happen.

From what I've read though it makes no sense that you'd have to wait 6 months .
People can retake after three months so why can't someone that missed the date and didn't even take an exam be forced to wait twice that length...

Hopefully you can reason with them somehow..

Good luck!

Thanks soleus!

I only have to wait 1.5 months because my window expires in 1.5 months. But you bring up a good point--a person in my situation could potentially have to wait >3 months to reschedule the exam.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Soleus, and I hope things work out for you. :/

Thanks for the support, guys. Writing this thing was very cathartic, as I was so incredibly upset.

As for an update, I called them back and got a different representative. I honestly feel like every time I get someone new I get a different response to the same question. I was told that I could appeal by explaining the situation through an email, but that doesn't necessarily mean my application will be approved.

I wrote a polite email and I'm hoping that the DAT people approve it. :xf:

Sorry to hear the news. They took an extremely long time to even send my scores. They are quite incompetent and inefficient especially considering how much they charge. Hope things work well for you.