I asked this in the Nurses forum ....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

questions4U

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and thought maybe this would be a good place too ! I am preparing a test for a group of nursing students who are in a program that will fast track them to a masters for NP- I am wondering if these questions would be too difficult - so I am hoping you all will be my "test" group - Thanks!

One of the following mechanisms produces mainly conjugated hyperbilirubinemia:
impaired conjugation
decreased hepatocellular secretion
reduced hepatocellular uptake
excessive production of bilirubin

A patient having one of the following hepatitis will have the greatest chance of developing fulminant hepatitis?
HAV
HBV
HCV
HGV
HDV superinfection

Which is the most common precipitating event in hepatic encephalopathy?
Constipation
Hyperkalemia
GI bleeding
Hypernatremia
Acidosis

A 30 year old man comes to your office with complaints of fatigue anorexia nausea and vomiting. He does not have a fever. His urine is dark. On physical examination his liver is slightly enlarged
and minimally tender. He does not have edema. Lab tests show the following: negative HbsAg, negative IgM anti HAV, positive IgM anti Hbc and negative anti HCV. The most likely diagnosis is:
Acute hepatitis A
Acute hepatitis B
Acute hepatitis A and B
Chronic hepatitis B
Acute hepatitis C

This hepatitis virus has a high mortality rate among pregnant women:
HAV
HBV
HCV
HDV
HEV

Which of the following is post hepatic cause of portal hypertension:
common bile duct obstruction
liver cirrhosis
ascites
constrictive pericarditis

One of the following is not an etiological factor in acute pancreatitis:
Alcohol
Hypolipoproteinemia
hypercalcemia
gallstones

A 43 year old woman complains of pruritis mainly of the soles and palms and fatigue. She has minimal jaundice and steatorrhea. Lab tests show a slightly elevated bilirubin, an elevated alkaline phosphatase, and a positive IgG antimitochodrial antibody test. The likely diagnosis is
extrahepatic biliary tract obstruction
alcoholic hepatitis
viral hepatitis
primary biliary cirrhosis
carcinoma of the liver

Chronic hepatitis is most likely to occur after acute infection with
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
Hepatitis E
Hepatitis B and D coinfection

A neonate develops marked unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia. No hemolysis can be demonstrated and other liver function tests are normal. The condition of the infant continues to deteriorate andhe dies at 2 weeks of age. What is the most likely syndrome he was suffering from:
Criggler Najjar Syndrome type 1
Criggler Najjar Syndrome type 2
Dubin Johnson Syndrome
Gilbert's Syndrome
Rotor Syndrome

Members don't see this ad.

What is the purpose of the test questions? Sounds like one is trying to impress them with the degree fo difficulty of these. I would think you would be trying to weed out those who can learn as opposed to those who already know..........